Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mine Eyes Have Seen... (not much it turns out)

The Lincoln Highway Parade is tomorrow night here in DeKalb at 7:00PM so it makes sense that it's raining here today. It's not too late to be part of the Dirty Laundry Podcast parade team! Let me know if you want to be part of the parade; we'd love to have you. Bring your kids - kids think being in a parade is cool. If you don't want to be in the parade just come out and watch the parade among the tens of people that will probably be watching the parade.

The Skype sketch I interviewed for for Jimmy Kimmel Live was on Tuesday night. It was kinda funny - I am not a sour grapes kinda guy (okay, sometimes I am but not this time for some reason). They also had a movie parody that I posted on The Facebook yesterday that seemed like a rip-off of something Cha Cha and I discussed on Dirty Laundry Podcast episode #17 I think a couple of weeks ago when we had our Musical Director Eric Solfisburg in the studio. We talked about what other countrys' Captain (a different country) would be like. JKL did a movie parody called Captain Mexico. The parody was pretty stupid  - I could have done so much better (maybe I was just saving the sour grapes to make this whine). Should I declare all-out war on Jimmy Kimmel Live? I love Jimmy Kimmel though. Crank Yankers was hilarious. The Man Show - hilarious. Sarah Silverman - hot and sexy and hilarious (he lost her though LOL). Maybe Kimmel thought I stole the whole Matt Damon thing awhile back in the blog and this is payback. Okay Kimmel, we're even but one more slip-up and I will send my muscle your way (The Lost Sock may not be so lost when he shows up at your doorstep with Brian and Sam and Jay and Joy). Don't mess with the MIDDLEwest! The next civil war goes east and west - north and south has been done. I guess the rappers have done the east coast / west coast thing too haven't they? Middle vs. west then (the east is on our side). Can you handle Chicago and New York? NO!

I won some cash on the Mega Millions when I checked my tickets yesterday. I just buy two tickets a week - one for Tuesday's drawing and one for Friday's drawing. I play the same numbers (1, 2, 12, 14, 22 and Mega #5). I won $2 about a month ago and this time I won $7. I matched three white balls - I am having a doctor look at that. I let it ride again with one ticket with those numbers and six quick picks; those numbers are gonna hit the big one sooner or later so jump on in - I would love to hear that you won it the same day I did; I'd be happier with less if you were the one sharing it winning with me.
Signing of the lease to move back in with Mother England

I hear a lot about the debt ceiling and the government possibly defaulting and I don't really know what they're talking about. I don't think I am simple-minded (if I am simple-minded would I really know?) I just think there are things in my world that I can control and federal government issues are out of my control so I never paid that close attention to them. I know many people will say that this is one of my sacred obligations. Fortunately I have Cha Cha to simplify these things when it comes down to crunch-time - I trust her 100% on everything! I am happy that there are people who do not believe the way I do and do pressure and follow the government; I really appreciate these people because I am just not well-informed enough to be one of them. I suppose I could be if it were something I was interested in but it isn't - That's what I have Cha Cha for; she is up on politics enough for both of us. She'll do the politics and I will do the sports and fixing stuff. From what I think I know about the whole thing is U.S.A. isn't able to pay their bills because they don't have any money. Welcome to the average American's plight over the past ten years or so mother country. So now we may default on our loans and we'll be repossessed by China (who we owe the most money to) or maybe have to return to Mother England and live in her basement until we can get back on our feet. This cannot make collection agencies and companies trying to collect from their customers in this country easy. Our country is supposed to be an example for us - not a very good example they are leading by right now. Most of their leading hasn't been very stellar over the past several years I would say.
I am angry about all of the remakes too Arnold!

I saw another clip for another lazy movie remake - Conan The Barbarian (not with the governator though). They don't even do us the common courtesy of lying to us and changing the name of the movie to pretend like it's something different. Whose putting out these films? Maybe the government is putting these movies out like a national garage sale and wants to get as many out as quickly as possible to make whatever they can make on all of the crap that's been sitting around in the basement for years. Hey, a national garage sale would be a really cool idea. I have had my eye on that Lincoln statue at the Lincoln Monument for several years now. Or one of Benjamin Franklin's quills or canes would be really cool. The Smithsonian has lots of things I'd be interested in.

I had better end now because the power just went off for about 30 seconds, a huge clap of thunder went off and it started pouring when I was adding stuff about the government. Now, no kidding, it's starting to pour rain again. Maybe there is something about the whole "big brother" thing (and now more thunder). But is it Hollywood or the government - or both (with Schwarzenegger)? I couldn't even make this stuff up. Have a wonderful day TTTT (maybe) MITM (out but hopefully still alive to blog again tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment