Friday, July 15, 2011

Don't Take the Scenery for Granted - EVER!!!!!

Well I am awake again at 1:00AM but this time I blame myself. I was tired and last night at about 5:00PM Fabio was going to see Harry Potter Whatever 1 and  2  (9PM - 2AM) at the theater with friends and Cha Cha and Splenda were going out for dinner (they asked me to go but I actually said "no" to something) so I thought I would try to listen to my body for a change and maybe go to bed early. I took a Benadryl around 6PM and fell asleep like I was supposed to but now I am awake and I don't wanna take another Benadryl. I am turning into Elvis or Michael Jackson without the money or talent.

Cha Cha came home after dinner and came into the bedroom, woke me up and asked "what is this?" in a very accusatory manner. I had visions of a butcher knife and a garbage disposal as I opened my eyes (see yesterday's blog). I thought "what did I do or not do?" She threw some very odd items that I will not mention for reasons unclear to me on the bed. I have got to be dreaming right? What kind of weird Benadryl dream am I having? "I have no idea, but it looks like (what it actually was)." "I found them on the front porch," she said. Maybe someone lost a tooth and the tooth fairy was out of money...there is an economical crisis you know. When I logged on just a bit ago I saw a message from Jay Cole (you remember him from Dirty Laundry Podcast fame) saying that he left a present for me on the front chair (on the porch). Jay is the tooth fairy...that makes sense (not the fairy part but the caring and giving part - even though he probably doesn't want me to tell the secret that his heart is bigger than his trapezoids and biceps and pecs and glutes and whatever else is big). I remember yelling at the dog about barking while I was with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (asleep) and maybe that wasn't a dream after all. I love tangerine trees and marmalade skies...not to mention kaleidoscope eyes. I am going to try to go back to sleep for a couple of hours while Fabio watches Harry Potter Whatever part 2. It's 1:12 AM... I will be back to finish this in about 3-4 hours hours unless I cannot get back to sleep at which point I will finish it much earlier.

I will write about the baby bird if I wake up again (more like if I ever get back to sleep again) - just typed this so I would remember. Now it's 1:47 AM...hmmm I am going to try to sleep one more time.

Wow, it's 6:15 now. I was able to go back to sleep. I feel like a real boy. Oh yeah, the baby bird. While taking the garbage out last night I checked the nest of the bird that I put back in the tree and the nest is empty and no bird on the ground. I will call it another Bird Whisperer success story - still 100% on transplants/replants.
Rockford Boylan H.S.'s Mascot - Boiley

I just checked my emails and it is official...Netflix is raising their prices to $7.99 for just streaming and an additional $7.99 if we want the option to get a DVD mailed to you one-at-a-time. The changes start September 1st. I am for sure not going to pay for the DVD but I may stay with the streaming for $7.99 per month. I never really wanted that feature that much anyway but they convinced me to do it that way. Maybe they were trying to get me addicted to DVD's but that didn't work. Maybe they were thinking that $7.99 for streaming only wouldn't be that bad after I had paid $9.99 per month with the disk...there definitely was a premeditated master plan. I will let you know what I decide as I am sure you are on the edge of your seat with a big ol' bucket of popcorn.

I was excited to go to a car show tomorrow in Elburn but things may not work out that way because Fabio has another basketball tournament at Boiling Boylan High School in Rockford. Incidentally, based on last week's tournament there, I think they call it Boylan because you could "boil-an" egg on the basketball courts because it's hotter than Helser in that place. The car show is not the real reason I go to the show it's the people that are there. There are a lot of people from where I used to work with who go to this show and it's kind of like a mini reunion going to this car show. Most of us don't work there anymore but we go anyway, I think, just to see each other. There are several people there I don't like too but now I just laugh at them (mostly inside). Fabio's last game ends at about 3:00 but I think the car show may go much later which would be cooler anyway. We'll see. As long as I'm blogging about high schools and reunions...

Next weekend is my high school class reunion. I am friends with a lot of people from high school on Facebook and I am sorta looking forward to the reunion. The reason I say "sorta' is because I don't really know what to expect. I think the last class reunion I went to was 25 years ago. High school wasn't really a big deal to me - it was something I had to do so I droned through it like most of us did; I didn't hate it but I didn't like it (the scale was tipped a little more to the "hated it" side). I was just part of the scenery, like most of us are in high school. That's an awkward time in anybody's life. It's weird because as I write this I pause and try to think about high school to write something and, for the most part, I draw a blank. Maybe I blanked a lot of it out or perhaps I am just old and cannot remember too much. Where was I again? At the end of senior year I got a certificate for one of those silly awards so it turned out people knew me enough to make me a "runner up" which surprised me. Maybe only seven people voted and I got three of the votes and the winner got four? I think getting my big toe cut-off senior year probably made me more well-know - I wish I had done that freshman year so I could have been more than "runner-up." (just kidding out there youngsters...it's better to keep all of you phalanges than to win a meaningless award if you can) One thing about reunions that I already like better than high school is that they can be held in bars. Liquid courage would have helped high school a real lot. I never saw any of the High School Musical movies or Glee but I already know high school is more like Freaks and Geeks and Fast Time at Ridgemont High - at least it was in the late 70's - early 80's. It was like Hogwart's without the magic (had to do another Harrry Potter reference because Harry Potter Something 2 is out today. Fabio already saw it (at midnight) but he is sleeping because he got home at like 3AM so I cannot get his review yet).

"What are you...on dope?"
I suppose I should call it a wrap so I can go get ready to play human voodoo doll. Thankfully: Fabio's class is over, baseball ended last night and the summer high school basketball camp will be over after tomorrow at Boiling Boylan. Now Fabio gets to have about a month-and-a-half of summer vacation. So comes Six Flags Great America. I always look forward to that but this year I have been cut out of the equation - Splenda and her boyfriend are going to go and take Fabio and a friend with them. Cha Cha hates rides and heat so now my life is just like high school - I have become part of the scenery. Splenda goes back to college in exactly four weeks - I guess life is my roller coaster now huh?

Have a great day today and take time to enjoy the scenery - PLEASE ENJOY THE SCENERY!!!! I think I will be able to blog tomorrow because Fab's first game isn't until noon. TTTT...MITM ("runner up" out)

No comments:

Post a Comment