Monday, July 25, 2011

Have Blog Will Travel - Blogger for Hire!

Hit it Roz
I don't have much to say but that has never stopped me from talking so why would that stop me from bloggin'? Yesterday's blog was pretty popular as 75 people read it yesterday and 12 have already read it today. I am sure most of the people who read it were at the class reunion Saturday night. I think if I want to get lots of readers I will just start attending weddings and reunions and family picnics and blog about their celebrations and events. Don't you suppose the first person who walked up to a bride and groom and said, "let me come to your wedding and take a bunch of photos so you can remember it forever" was thought to be a lunatic? Maybe I can start an event blogging business. How cool would it be to get paid for what seems to come to me naturally? In addition, they would probably feed me and maybe I'd get groupies or something. I could even team up with the photographers to add the photos to the blog. For an extra fee I could do a podcast too. The guests at the event could be the podcast guests. "So, how do you know the bride and groom..." I think I may actually be onto something here (pp/tm/cr). Hire me before this business idea is copied and the big corporations ruin it and governments regulate it and make it so it's not affordable. I also could just become blogarazzi (patent pending/trademark/copyright) I imagine.

We recorded the podcast last night and it should be up sometime today. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Singer Amy Winehouse died over the weekend: police are calling her death "unexplained." I have to say when I heard her first hit Rehab I really didn't like it at all (2007?). I remember we were staying at a resort in Wisconsin, Lakelawn Resort, and after a long day of boating and fireworks (it was the Fourth of July) we went to our room and crashed with the television on. You leave everything on in a hotel all the time too, right? That song must have woke me up about every half hour as it must have been in "very heavy rotation" on MTV and VH1. It was long ago enough ago that they actually still played music on the music stations. Splenda and Cha Cha loved the song but I didn't get it. She became very popular very quickly but it seemed a lot of her popularity came from her deviant behavior. It is very sad that someone so young who so many thought was so talented died at such a young age (27). She's finally at peace now.
The Curse of 27 not smelling the roses?

     Supposedly there is a curse of 27 which I didn't know about until yesterday. Apparently there is a slew of famous entertainers that died when they were 27-years-old. I bet there could be a curse of most ages if you wanted to do the pointless research. Some of the people that have supposedly fallen to the curse of 27 are: Amy Winehouse (of course), Robert Johnson who Eric Clapton called "the most important blues man that ever lived" and was the man who was supposed to have sold his soul to the Devil at The Crossroads for musical talent, Janis Joplin, Curt Cobain of Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison of The Doors, Ronald "Pigpen" McKernan of The Grateful Dead, Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones... I don't know about Robert Johnson but all of these other people seem to have something that I can think of in common besides the fact that they died at 27; they all seem to have lived life a little faster than most of us (you know what I'm implying). I had always heard that Jim Morrison once said, "live fast and leave a good-looking corpse." I prefer to live a little slower and leave an old wrinkly prune some time down the road a piece. Maybe I just say that because I cannot afford to live life in the fast lane like these people and it's sour grapes that will turn into a baby prune some day (sour plums don't work so well).

I have lots of laundry to do (the regular kind and the podcast-editing kind) so I had better call this a wrap. I also have to workout today - it's been too long, almost a week, since I have worked-out. I think more people would work-out if they called it playing-out or having fun out. "Working" takes the fun out of a lot of things. Unless, of course, your work happened to be blogging for events! Have a great Day (I didn't even use the "M" word one time in this blog). Do you suppose that today's day of the week, the "M" word, was named for the moon because you'd have to be a lunatic to like this day? TTTT...MITM (gonna hang the laundry OUTside today) Ta!
Send em out with somethin' happy Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment