Saturday, July 2, 2011

It Wasn't My Fault I Swear To Blog!!!!!

Love me some Lost Sock!
It seems to be a quiet start to the day - maybe because it's 5:00AM on the Saturday morning of a holiday weekend. It reminds me of when we were up at a lake house with The Lost Sock and his family and some other friends. The Lost Sock and I are both early-risers and we would go down to the dock while everybody else was still sleeping. The mist would be rising off the lake as the sun was thinking about making an appearance soon and we would just sit on the pier and quietly solve every problem known to man, woman and childkind. People would slowly start to come out of the house one by one with their eyes mere slits as they tried to comprehend why we would be out there so early. Occasionally a fishing boat would quietly motor past in the distance out on the lake; sometimes they'd wave and sometimes they wouldn't even see us in our secret lair. There were world issues to discuss and if not for The Agitator and his youthful ward The Lost Sock who was going to solve them? I like calling him my youthful ward because he is older and that makes me the youthfuller ward. I know it's been a long time since I mentioned it but The Lost Sock is one of the best people I have known in my whole life (and I think I have known everyone) - don't worry I have known a lot of great people and you are probably one of them too.

Yesterday I made Sangria for the second time in my life. I reposted the recipe over there in the right margin if you want to try it. Better yet, come over here and try some. We are probably going to have a bonfire tomorrow (Sunday) night weather-permitting - no worries Monday is Independence Day. We may have some great ghost stories to tell you too because earlier that day we are talking to Willy Adkins from Illinois Ghost Hunters on the podcast (I'm not even gonna link the podcast there). If you decide to make the Sangria, however, I would cut the recipe in half...I have A LOT of Sangria. You know those huge orange Gatorade coolers? I have one half-full of Sangria. What is that like 10 gallons or something? I know the fruit displaces the wine and makes it rise higher but the fruit is part of it and goes in your glass with the wine (they're married now - 'til ingest do they part). The fruit is full of wine and is delicious too. This year I used Australian wine (Yellow Tail). Just use any old cheap Shiraz. I'm still trying to be a wine guy but I am and always will be a fruity guy.


Maria Shriver filed for divorce. On what grounds?


They are already talking about who will play Casey Anthony in a film about the (alleged) murder of her daughter Caylee. The trial isn't even over yet and they are already talking about making a little blood money. How about action figures? What in the Helser is wrong with a portion of our society? Is it just me or do you agree that this is wrong? I am going to begin a campaign, albeit a small one, to boycott this movie no matter when it's made and whether it's a television movie or one that lasts for one week at the theater or one that goes directly to DVD. This is a horrible story and should not be glorified in any way. So endeth the boycott campaign (maybe).

Professional golfer Bubba Watson missed the cut after shooting a 74 in The French Open. He blamed the poor effort on: the lack of security, the phones, the cameras... You kind of have to wonder if any of the professional golfers have ever played on a public course. We regular joes and josephines have to dodge balls coming from other fairways, beer carts, people yelling, some dude peeing in the bushes, geese deciding to hang out in the MIDDLE of the fairway, the foursome in front of you unstrapping the bag of one of their unspecting foursome so his bag falls to the ground as he drives the cart away... Bubba is worried about some cameras and cell phones? According to an Associated Press story Bubba said, 'It's not a normal tournament. 'There's cameras, there's phones, there's everything. There's no security. I don't know which holes to walk through. There's no ropes.'' We need more golfers like John Daley. When I'm on the course I always think WWBACD (what would big al czervik do)? Golf's a game...games are supposed to be fun! Smoke a cigar, grab a drink, grip it, rip it, drive for show and putt for dough - it's a simple game (HA)!

Thanks for stopping here today. I hope you have a nice day and maybe the weather will be great in the MIDDLEwest like it was yesterday. It never got to the 105 degree heat index like predicted so I mowed the lawn (that's the reason for my green and brown feet - it's not a fungus among us - I mowed shoeless Joe or Josephine). I hope it's nice for MADYM Jr.'s graduation party.  I may or may not blog tomorrow with us recording the show earlier than usual but I will probably blog again on The Fourth of July. TTT?....MITM (independently out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment