Saturday, November 14, 2015

Watching Paint Dry

  It was easier typing the blog today for some reason 
I enjoy this time of year because I prefer the cooler (not cold) temperatures. One thing that I do not like as much is having to clip my fingernails more often. Some people say that evolution isn't real but, homo sapiens growing longer claws (fingernails) in the winter pretty much convinces me that we have evolved from some other species and another species will evolve from us. why else would we need longer fingernails in the winter other than to forage for food? I suppose maybe our evolution has just been starting farms and supermarkets but I hope there is more to it than that.

Last night Cha Cha and I got the two coats of paint on the upper cabinets and the outsides of the above-counter cupboard doors. Then, this morning, I got up early and I have already painted the first coat of the insides of the doors. I have to wait for at least four hours for the first coat to dry before I can paint the final coat. Then after another four hours, I will put the hinges back on the doors and rehang them. Monday I will probably begin the bottom cupboards. I guess we are going to put hardware (handles) on the upper cupboards after that too. Aren't we supposed to be doing this kind of stuff in the winter when we cannot do anything outside?  I guess we haven't evolved quite enough yet.

The book idea that I have been researching for that last couple of months keeps haunting my daily life.I know it is just coincidence and, had I not been researching what I am researching, it would have meant nothing, things keep creeping-up that touch on my topic. I know I would not have thought of it had I not been working on this topic I am researching (and eventually writing) but it is weird. I know this sort of thing happens to you from time-to-time. One of the things that "creeped-up" was a show that I DVR'd several months ago made by Alfred Hitchcock (creepy) and the other showed-up on a television show that I DVR every week. Since I recorded the Hitchcock thing, probably in June or so, before I had the idea of writing on this topic, I was already interested in this subject but for it to show-up on the TV show too was just weird. Maybe the cosmos is just trying to nudge me to keep me interested and motivated. I want to stay that way too which is why I keep writing about it in the blog. Whatever motivates me to keep going-forward I am very appreciative for.

I think Jill and I may go watch the new James Bond movie (Spectre) tonight. I really like Daniel Craig as Bond. I think he is the best one so far. Sean Connery was good but he was Bond when Bond was more indestructible. I know Craig's Bond comes-back from things that would kill most of immediately but at least he is beaten-up and has to recover when he gets his yarbles smashed for hours. The past Bonds would have just shaken it off which is bologna. We will go in more toward Chicago to watch or, maybe, Rockford because our local theater is terrible. When will the time come when we can just order new releases at home in a pay-per-view manner? You know that day will come. There is too much money to be made in popcorn and soda I suppose. Why else would they now have HUGE 3-D screens and reclining chairs. I really wonder what will be next in the theater "experience."

Maybe we should wait until tomorrow when the Bears' game is on at noon to go to the movies? So many decisions to make.

I am getting burnt-out on Facebook again. I think I was much happier when I was limiting my time on this stupid time-suck. I am obviously addicted because I keep coming back for a fix. I am going to try to cut-back again. I think one of main problems is that I am just nosy and weak.

Okay, I am going to read a bit while the paint is drying. I may stop every now and again to watch the paint dry. Thanks for coming by. I will probably not blog tomorrow as has become my practice. TTTMonday and have a nice weekend. MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment