Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Trying to Keep All My Balls in the Air

I cannot believe it is almost 17:45 Middle Time and I am just now starting to write this. I suppose it works for you in the Pacific and Mountain time zones. I should, occasionally, take into account the people in the other parts of the world and write the blog in the MIDDLE of the night when I wake-up once in awhile. I am so inconsiderate of our friends down under.

Today I have been working on the list of things that need to get done it before Thursday. I did put the turkey and the additional breasts in the sink to thaw. It is almost time for them to go back into the fridge before they get cooked on late Wednesday night or early Thanksgiving morning. I am not sure if we have everything we need but the supermarket that is less than a mile away is open until 14:00 on Thursday so, any last minute problems can be rectified expeditiously. I am looking forward to having everyone over but I am not looking forward to the clean-up and I haven't even made the mess yet. I like Thanksgiving because there is no pressure to buy presents and it is non-denominational and there are no religious undertones. It is something everyone in the United States can enjoy regardless of anything. Even vegetarians could have a tofu turkey and almost everything else is vegetables, bread and fruit (stuffing, cranberries, corn, pie...).

I also crawled around the kitchen and dining room floor most of the day using the Goof Off and a scraper/putty knife on all the paint drops from the last three or four times we have painted here. The house smells very chemically. I hope it dries and the smell subsides before she gets home. I am trying to breath-in as mush as I can so I can catch a Goof Off buzz and have snorted the smell out of here. I suppose I should open a window and let the furnace do it's job. Tomorrow I will clean the main-floor powder room and clean the floor and the rug in the Tiki Room.
 Nothing like a Goof Off high 
Cha Cha has been worrying about me a lot lately. I am not sure why - I am not doing any worse than I was before. In fact, I think I have improved in many ways other than in the memory department but that could just be the Google Effect? It could be age. It could be snorting Goof Off and paint fumes.

Turkeys are getting blamed for shooting down a Russian jet and, maybe, a rescue helicopter. See, turkeys are finally beginning to organize against this upcoming holiday. Someone should probably tell the turkeys that the holiday is just a holiday in The United States of America so they should not take it out on the Russians. In all seriousness (or whatever seriousness I can muster) this attack is going to make holiday travel even tougher on people going to visit their families. I am so happy that Jill and I got to Europe before this happened. I imagine travelling by airline now will be much more time-consuming and stressful. I will be right back - I have to begin the cooking for Taco Tuesday - I am actually making tacos for Taco Tuesday this week (with ground turkey meat - cannot get to much turkey this week).

I guess we will break the usual weekly food menu here unless we have turkey pizza. Until last week Jill and I haven't been following the daily food menu anyway because of her Thursday night classes. Thursday night is supposed to be pizza night. I think we only had pizza one of those ten weeks when we ate at Lou Malnati's. I miss our weekly drives into Chicago; it was nice just visiting for the drive in, during dinner and the drive back. Plus, Chicago is a fun, vibrant city and it almost always a good time in Chicago.

I am only on number four- Number one took two weeks (I m getting older)
Sorry. I left there again for a few minutes. The meat is now ready, the rice is in the oven, the cilantro corn is ready and I will just wait until Cha Cha gets home (never really sure when that will happen) to fry the shells. I love cooking but I hate doing the cleanup. I do it anyway; we all do things that we are not very fond of doing but that need to get done.

I am going to have to wrap   this up to continue to keep all of my balls in the air. Thank you for reading the blog today and whenever you can. I hope you have a nice night. I will try to blog earlier tomorrow between my tasks. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment