Saturday, November 21, 2015

Frightful (and I am dying)

Outside of the Tiki Room this morning - The U.N. of birds
As advertised, we have quite a bit of snow on the ground this morning. Kona (the neighbor dog and Jeff's girlfriend) and Jeff have been running through our backyard non-stop. They love the snow. I don't think I have ever seen Kona run until today. She is a Mastiff / Great Dane combo so she is more laid-back for the most part. She is just as fast as Jeff and Jeff is pretty quick. Once she gets going her strides are so long that she is a good match for Jeff's speed. He is wily though and makes quick cuts and turns - an advantage to being lower to the ground I suppose. It is fun to watch them like little kids playing in the first snow. I wish I could teach them how to shovel the driveway and sidewalks. 

There are many more birds outside the window this morning. Cha Cha says they are House Wrens All of a sudden the birdseed is much more important. I feel like the only birdseed dealer in the neighborhood and, now that I have them hooked and the demand is higher I should probably raise my prices. Kind of the same way that fuel prices have gone down recently now in the MIDDLEwest now that we can't drive as much.

I have had a sore throat (neck may be more precise) the last few nights. There is a spot just below my lower jawbone on the right side of my neck that aches a great deal. Now today, for the first time, it is aching this morning too. So I am going to grow a goiter or have thyroid problems or something. Maybe it is because of the new medicine that the doctor gave me the day before these aches began. Maybe it is because that medicine had a past expiration date and he told me to take it anyway after I noticed the date and called and asked. Maybe it is just the beginning of a cold. Something else the Mayo Clinic can look at if I am worthy to gain an audience with them. I am going just assume that it is a cold beginning and then I will die and, on my headstone (or my urn since I prefer to be cremated) they can engrave "I told you I was sick."
Last night Cha Cha and I watched a few episodes of With Bob and Dave on Netflix. It is pretty much the same people that we on Mr. Show when it was on HBO back on the 1990's. It also the same show for the most part. I imagine they had change name for royalty reasons? HBO probably funded Mr. Show and they owned the name. We have several season of Mr. Show that we bought on DVD. I think the first time we saw the show was in a hotel that had free HBO. I have always loved Bob Odenkirk and David Cross so it was immediately a home run to me. I recommend both shows if you get a chance while snowed-in or on a flight of just bored. 

I strongly feel that refugees should be allowed safe-haven in our country. I cannot believe that a country that was formed because of people wanting to flee oppressive nations would now want to refuse to let the very people that our ancestors were a chance for a better life. Jill's work is collecting household goods and things to give to refugees. we just learned this yesterday. It could not be a better time for that in our household. With us remodeling the kitchen we have also bought new plates and silverware and glasses and silverware holders/storage trays so we have plenty of things that we were probably going to take to Goodwill. This is better than that for many reasons. So, we have a couple of boxes filled and I bet I have some clothes that I could add as well. So, over the weekend (at least). we will start collecting more things to donate. I really do have a problem with the rich politicians having issue with us being a safe-harbor for oppressed people. We were the same in World War II when we didn't want to get involved right away. Can you imagine how many more people would have survived that war had we not been too afraid or unwilling or cheap to offer our might support? It took Japan to bomb one of our naval bases in Pearl Harbor before we found it fitting to join the cause. What will be that defining moment this time? Chicago? New York? Los Angeles? I am getting all fired-up (no pun intended) so I had better stop before my one of my thyroid veins blows.
I always think with my heart first - one of my strengths I think?

I guess Jill and I are going shopping in the weather. Now that the cupboards are back up I am told that we are going to get handles for them. So, before Thanksgiving arrives, I guess I have another project. And then I get to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. We will have plenty of food if you know of nay refugees who need a place for a meal. 

I had better get out of my jammies and get dressed because the shower upstairs turned off and that means I only have about 45 minutes before Cha Cha is ready to go. I will be dressed in about 13 minutes (including a shower) and then I will wait. I like being a guy when it comes to getting ready to go places. Thank you for coming by (that is my giving thanks to you just before the official Thanksgiving). Try to stay warm and dry today if you're in the MIDDLEwest. TTTMondday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment