Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hold The Mayo?

On Saturday I said I would blog Monday. So I did not lie I am starting the writing of this at 20:58 on Monday. I didn't say I would post the blog on Monday.  I was really busy all day today (yesterday at this point).

While I was working on the lower cupboards today (yesterday) I discovered which member of the X-Men I am. I think I am Magneto (Mattneto). I was using the drill to remove the bottom cabinet doors and I thought to myself, "self, I wonder when the battery on this drill is going to go dead?" On the very next hinge the battery died. Of course, I switched it out for the one that was charged but I probably could have just used my mind to keep using the drill with a dead battery.

Speaking of my.mind, I have an appointment this afternoon with the neurologist.  I am sure nothing gas changed. Cha Cha is trying to get me into the Mayo Clinic to see what they know. I will mention that to my current head doctor ans see what he says. Won't the people at Mayo be surprised when I shut their equipment down with my mind?

Last night was No Meat Monday (obviously, it is Tuesday now) so I went with manicotti.  I like how Italians (at least in the movies) call it manigot. Everybody was really pleased with dinner. It will be nice when the kitchen is back to normal.
It is 13:24 and I have put the second coat of primer on the outsides of the lower cabinet doors, painted the first primer coat on the inside doors and on the lower cabinets. I have my doctor's appointment at 16:30 so I am showered and will not do any more painting until I get back fro that appointment. I hope to have the cupboards completed by tomorrow afternoon. Nothing has really changed since my last doctor's appointment so this will just serve as buying him some new golf clubs or nice Christmas presents for the wife and kids. I am going to mention to him that I may go to Mayo Clinic and see what he says. I may also try to use my Magneto powers and see if I can make the power go off in his office for a few minutes. It is raining pretty good out today so that ups my chances of making that happen.

Today is Taco Tuesday but I think I am going to suggest going out for dinner since the kitchen is a disaster. Nobody balks at going going out for dinner. I guess that is not true - Fabio seldom goes with us. He is always willing to allow us to bring him back something; that is not going to happen. 

I must be hungry; I have written a lot about food in this blog. I don't feel hungry I feel like taking a nap;. it is dark and windy and rainy out but I have to go waste time going to hear that nothing has changed. Those words will come out of my mouth not the doctor's. Then he will probably try to change my seizure medicine and he will have his nurse call it in and then Walgreen's will tell me it is ready and I will decide whether I will waste my time and money or not. I think maybe I will just stop taking my current seizure meds and see if it changes anything. They say we know our own bodies better than anyone else so maybe I need to start doing the process of elimination game on myself. I do not think I will mess with my blood pressure medicine or my cholesterol medicine and I know I am only sleeping well because I am self-medicating at bedtime. Maybe I will ask about medical marijuana? I have never been a pothead but I think I should check that off of my Focker List. 

Alright it's after 14:00 now. I think I will do some reading so I can turn one of my books into the library before or after my appointment. The two I still have are due back by Thursday. I am almost done with one and then I will have to power-read the other while I watch paint dry. I also need to get a few things at the store(s). Thanks a lot for coming by. I am thankful for you and for a reason to write. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment