Monday, November 9, 2015

This House is Like James Bond's (or Sinatra's) Place Today

It almost 11:30 already so I am taking a break to blog.

As you know, if you read the blog (I am betting you do or you would not be reading this - I think I may have 100% odds of winning that bet), I painted a couple of coats of: degreaser, base cote, stain and gloss on our kitchen cupboards last week. Well, the boss decided that they are still not as light (in color) as she was hoping so this morning I have put two coats of primer on the insides of the upper cupboard doors and the outside upper cabinets. Once the second coat is dry on the doors I will do the outside of the doors. Then, when I am told what color the outsides will be I will do the outsides of the upper cabinets and then do all of the steps on the lower cupboards. I live for a sore back.

Jeff just finished barking at his new squirrel friend again. I wonder why the squirrel keeps coming to our yard but we have the most and tallest trees in our neighborhood so, I guess it makes sense. We also feed the birds every day so there is food (including corn) here. It's fun to watch the squirrel jump from tree to tree and to the roof and to our fence and the neighbor's fence. He.she just sits there and shakes his/her tail and looks down at Jeff barking. I think he/she gets-off on driving Jeff nuts (maybe so he can eat him - squirrels love nuts). I need to give him/her a name and, of course, I am leaning toward Rocky (the flying squirrel) or Secret. Secret Squirrel's agent name was Agent 000 so maybe Agent 000 would be good too? I wonder if we have a mole around too because that would make Secret Squirrel a lock for the name (if we had a Morocco Mole). Maybe that would make Jeff Goldfinger Yellow Pinkie. I am not sure if Secret Squirrel had an alter-ego like Bruce Wayne being Batman.

The Dean Martin Jerry Lewis Tribute show Saturday night was fun. It was a pretty good show. We took my mom and dad there for my dad's birthday. Sammy Davis, Jr, The Nutty Professor and John Travolta all briefly showed-up too. Then, yesterday, we (Jill, I and Jill's brother and our sister-in-law) took Jill's sister Heather out for her birthday. It was a celebration weekend I suppose. I also turned-in my latest winning Powerball ticket and got the two new tickets for this past Saturday's drawing with my winnings. As my system has been for this winning streak, I have not checked the numbers yet. I usually go and scan the card the day that I buy the new tickets so, I will probably go to the same place I have purchased and exchanged the tickets since the streak began. YOU DON'T MESS WITH A WINNING STREAK! So, tomorrow I will go and, hopefully, I will have won the jackpot so I can end this nonsense. It is nice to have some extra things to write here twice a week though so, maybe just an $8 winner would be good?

One of our neighbor boys got his bike stolen. His mom posted something about it on Facebook. From what she wrote, he must have been at the street that intersects with the start of our cul-de-sac when the bike was taken. He is into BMX racing so I am assuming it was a nice, probably expensive, bike. Who steals a kid's bike? I reposted her post in hopes that I could help by accident. Maybe it was just someone who didn't feel like walking home? Perhaps someone is playing a joke on him? I hope that is all that it is and it shows-up. Supposedly, we have a Neighborhood Watch. I always assumed a neighborhood watch patrolled the area (neighborhood) but I think our's is just so we can have signs posted that may deter people who believed what I believed. Apparently, at least one person knew better. That's another thing that makes me believe it was an inside (the neighborhood) job. Some people just suck! I am assuming "people" but maybe it was this pesky (to Jeff) squirrel?

Well, I made a mistake and went and made a sandwich. After I ate it, I went to put my plate in the sink and then decided to paint the first coat on the outsides of the upper cupboard doors. So, now it is 13:31. Jeff is outside barking again and I see the squirrel just lying on a branch staring down at him. In about an hour I can paint the second coat of primer on the outside doors. Then I will await my next orders. I have painted six coats of various things on these cupboards and I am not paint any extra unneeded coats. No wonder I am going crazy.
I have been playing on-line poker for quite awhile. Just recently, every time I will a tournament or a tournament ring or free chips they have been posting it to my Facebook page. I have been playing these tournaments for quite some time but these posts just began this past week. I think I may have finally found the way to stop them but I am not certain. I have accumulated quite a few chips so I don;t want to delete the while thing. I love playing poker and I think it is good for my mind. I have mentioned that I also do other Apps to try to keep my Google-effected mind together. Sorry if these posts have littered your page but I hope they have ended. If not, I will try something else but you are more important to me than my memory.

The doorbell just rang and the UPS dude needed me to sign for two bottles of wine. We belong to a winery wine-of-the-month-club at the place Splenda used to work for. Not to throw anybody under the brown truck but last time they just left the box on our front porch. I was surprised that they did that and this one made more sense. So, tonight I may possibly be more handsome.

Thanks for stopping by today; I appreciate you humoring me while I watch paint (and primer) dry. Poor Jeff. He is the Rodney Dangerfield of dogs. The squirrel and a tree-full of birds are just hanging around and watching him barking a conniption (I never knew what a conniption fit was but we always heard that from our parents and grandparents as kids). I hope you have a great rest of your day. TTTT...MITM (out to paint some more) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment