Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Feeling Terrorists Rumbles Even Here in the Middle!

Acts of terrorism can change all of our feelings immediately 
Yesterday I went to the neurologist and wasted more of my time. He asked me a bunch of questions and then gave me another of his sample packs and said I should take one of the pills at bedtime for the next fourteen days and then come back to see him. So, last night, I got the pack and saw that the pills had an expiration date that has passed. I have enough problems so I did not take a pill. I called this morning and talked to a receptionist and a nurse and they said to go ahead and take them as the doctor had ordered. I think it is time to find a new doctor. He has given me a few different of these kinds of packs over the last however long this has been going on and they all have looked old but this is the first time that I happened to look at the expiration date. Why have an expiration date at all if it doesn't mean anything? I am sure the FDA would tell me not to take them. I appreciate that he is trying to save me money on prescriptions but... This is the D part of the FDA and I am sure if I had some milk for the F part of the FDA I would not be so quick to drink that. I am at a medical crossroad. Change doctors? Take outdated medicine?

We have a collage that Jill had put together of our trip to Paris a few months ago that I am looking at now while I type this. I have thought it was very nice but has taken on a whole different feeling now when I look at it with the terrorist attacks there recently. Of course, the politicians are using this as a political tool, with the upcoming Presidential election, which makes me dislike politics even that much more. It would be so much easier if, when the founders of our country mapped-out our government, would just have kept us a Monarchy. It doesn't matter who the leader(s) of the country is/are - if you aren't one of the politicians or one of the zillionaires that buy the politicians it makes no never-mind what we think. We can vote and pretend that it makes a difference but I think the politicians just argue and disagree so we think there is a good side and a bad side. Some think the bad guys are the good guys and the good guys are bad guys but it is all of us regular schmoes at the end of the trough.

There is a football game here in town tonight - Northern Illinois University versus Western Michigan University. Because of the Paris attacks there will be extra police presence and all bags will be checked even more-so than usual. I suppose that is where the term "terrorist" comes from - they terrorize us on every level through the world. I know it is better safe than sorry. So, the football game will look like one of those old movies when people are trying to cross into a soviet country with many in uniforms and German Shepards sniffing everything. How are people supposed to smuggle beef jerky into the game with a dog sniffing their privates?
Please have all purses and bags opened for inspection!
This morning I finished priming the lower cupboards, drawers and doors and I have put the first coat of paint on the insides of the doors. I have to wait three hours before it is dry and then I will paint the second coat on the drawers and cabinets and do the first coats on the insides of the doors. I plan to have everything done and reassembled by tomorrow afternoon. It will be so nice to have our kitchen back and no workbenches all over the dining room. It is now four hours later and I am not even sure if the paint needs another coat. They look really good without it. I guess two coats of primer really helps. I may do the second coat anyway just for more protection?

Okay, I have to get back to painting - my three hour dry-time has long since passed and I want to get this done and do some reading. I hope you have a great night and stay vigilant and on your guard. I am always that way which is probably why I am losing my mind. Better my mind that my life I suppose? Thank you for coming-by; I will talk at you again tomorrow. TTTThen...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment