Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Loser with No Idea Which Direction to Go

  It was only a MATTer of time! 
My lucky streak has finally run-out. If, what I have been over the last few months could be considered lucky I cannot wait to see what happens from here on out. As you probably have guessed, I checked this past drawing's Powerball ticket earlier today and it was not a winner. It is said that "winners never quit and quitters never win" so, since I am no longer a winner, I did not buy another lottery ticket. I am a quitter and a loser in one fell swoop.

The house smells fantastic. I am making chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight and I have had the chicken in the crock pot with several spices and peppers and vegetables. Just a bit ago I removed each chicken breast and shredded them. I then put them back with the spices so the meat could be better married with the seasonings. In an hour or two I will assemble the enchiladas and put them in a backing dish, top them with enchilada sauce and cheese and bake them. While that is going on I will make the rice side-dish. The house smells great with the cooking and the paint (primer) from yesterday already dry and not smelling like paint any longer. I think we may go over and pick-up the the actual topcoat when Cha Cha gets home from work.

When I went to the store earlier for all the ingredients my goal was to try to get everything for under $20. When I checked-out I got $3.02 back from my double-sawbuck. I had a couple twenties in back-up just in case I decided to go crazy (or crazier in my case).
"Of course, some people do go both ways..."

I think I have a broken thumb on my left hand. I believe it is actually just a small hairline fracture on the outside of my hand where my thumb turns into my hand on the palm-side. It has hurt for about three months but I doubt there is anything they could do about it other than put it in some sore of dumb cast or a brace so I have been just dealing with it. It has really just ached rather than hurt but the pain gets worse when I bump it or try to open a jar or something.

When I am done here I am going to check the chicken and then do some more reading/research. I have read five books and watched one documentary for my research so far and I still have two more that are due back at the library a week from today. One of the books I have about half done with and the other looks like a pretty quick read. I hope to be done with these and have some new books to read by Thursday. I do think I am just about to begin the writing process but will need some more sources of information when I begin my self-editing and fine-tuning processes.

I am going to go downstairs and check the chicken now. Thank you, as always, for stopping in. I hope you have a great rest of your day. I should have no problem blogging again tomorrow unless I get heavily involved in paining/staining. There is always time in between coats for drying. I hear Jeff barking like crazy outside so I am guessing the squirrel is taunting him again. You would think that Secret Squirrel would be a bit more secret and go to a yard that doesn't have a yapping dog. There is a big farm house with lots of old trees less than 1/4 mile from us but I am sure squirrels live in much smaller worlds than we do. He/she should be able to see it from the tops of our trees I would think. Oh well. I can barely handle my life so I am not going to live a squirrel's life. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment