Friday, October 23, 2015

We Are Bloggo (not the former idiot Governor of Illinois though)

Those are the five W's and one H of writing (rule #1 of journalism)
It is quickly approaching 17:00 on Friday and I am just now blogging. I have been quite busy today. Mostly I have been reading and researching for my novel. I am very excited about writing this story but, like all of the things that I have written for: television, radio, magazines and newspapers... the research is the most important part. The research is the foundation which any story sits upon. In writing a book, of course, there is much more preparation and research required before the actual writing commences. I spent three hours or so yesterday on research and, so far three more today. I think I will probably continue for another three or four hours after I am done writing this on my break. I am happy that I am so excited about my topic though many things that I find bum me out and some bring tears to my eyes. I hope that I can generate the same kind of emotion in my writing when I begin that part of the process. The writing is the easy part for me and I have always enjoyed investigating and discovering new things. Some call me nosy but I prefer investigative or inquisitive.

I went to lunch with Fabio this afternoon. He loves Buffalo Wild Wings and Cha Cha hates it so, since she was in the office today, that's where we ate. I do like their Buffalitos. Fabio is usually pretty reserved, even with us, but we talked about many things today and it seems like he is mostly happy with things in his life right now. I will not say that he has a steady girl but (come closer so I can whisper) he does. He usually reminds me of Gary (Leaf Phoenix who has since reverted back to his real name, Joaquin Phoenix, since then) in the film Parenthood. It makes me happy that Fabio has found the Tod Higgins (Keanu Reeves) in me for at least today. I will not divulge anything further though I may share some of the things with Cha Cha. Do you think Gary and Todd were given those names because the writer of Parenthood was a Different Strokes fan (Gary Coleman / Todd Bridges)? Those were two "messed-up little dudes!"

They're like tiny little DEVO flower pot helmets
I had to fix one of the lights outside that I painted and reinstalled yesterday. I tested them yesterday, after the re-installation, and everything worked well. When we got home from Chicago last night Fabio told me that he turned the lights on earlier and sparks flew and the lights outside went out. I reset the breaker and flicked the switch and the same thing happened for me. So, today I took the two on the porch down again and checked the wiring. Everything appeared fine but I undid all of the wiring and reinstalled them exactly the same way as I did yesterday. When I installed them yesterday I did not have any winged wire connectors or electrical tape so I used duct tape. Ioam thinking the duct tape was the problem because, after I went to Lowe's and got some connectors and electrical tape, I reinstalled them they were fine. My theory is that since duct tape has kind of a metallic coating they may create arc? Whatever the problem it is okay now. I thank the person who invented the breaker box so our house didn't burn down last night.

I have not made any dinner and it is now 17:42. Ooops! That is the life of a struggling writer, I suppose. It is supposed to be Fish Fri-day. We haven't been to Long John Silver's in a long time and I have enjoyed the regular consistency of my life's work because of that. I guess we will either clean-out the leftovers, order a pizza, go-out or I will whip something up. See, there are always options. I am thinking maybe Fatty's would be good. But, since it is raining now they may seem busier because nobody will be eating/drinking outside so the inside will be pretty full. It is Friday and they are a bar near a college campus after all. Hmmmm. I know, I will let Cha Cha decide; she loves that (no really - she hates it). I am nor hungry but that probably isn't an option either.
Looks pretty creep from the outside, huh?

Okay, I have to get back to researching for my project (whether it become a book or a screenplay or a play or mini-series...). I guess I don't HAVE TO but, thankfully, I want to. I hope I can keep this same level of excitement through the fruition of the process. It is always easier when you are interested in doing something rather than feeling like you have to do it.

Thank you for stopping by. I think I will blog tomorrow but I am thinking about seeing if Cha Cha feels like heading to Skokie tomorrow to the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center. I like to remain cultured and I like to be sad so where else could I go for a day-trip that would better accomplish this? If we do go we should probably take the JEEP. I wouldn't feel right taking the FIAT (Italy) or the Toyota 4Runner (Japan) to a Holocaust museum. Though America took a bit before jumping into the action of the second World War at least, when we chose, we picked the correct side to support.

Thank you for stopping by. If I don't get to blog tomorrow I will probably blog Sunday. This one being written so late almost makes it like a Friday/Saturday blog. Maybe you are reading it on Saturday right now for all I know. I hope you have a great Saturday no MATTer whether I write or not and, of course, have a great Frinight. TTTT or Sunday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment