Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Feeling Kinda Blue Today

I don't really have anything worth writing about today. I suppose that could be said about most of the days I write. It is near the end of the month and, as you know if you've read the blog for awhile, that is the time my monthly visitor. I know I cannot MATTstrusate but I still have MATTopause symptoms. I have been feeling pretty blue for the last few days. Now I have a stupid blue song running through my stupid blue hollow melon.

Tonight is Taco Tuesday and we are trying to be more vigilant about our carbs, fat content and calories... We were very seldom eating red meat anyway and, now that it apparently causes cancer, I will probably use ground turkey for something (as I usually do). Maybe taco salads? Tomorrow night is Italian night and I think I am going to try to find some of that spaghetti squash to use as the "noodles" for spaghetti. I bet they have it at Hy-Vee but I will try Schnuck's first because they are closer. Jewel have a pretty good produce selection too. I think I will also turn in my winning Powerball ticket and see if I can make it grow. I turned $6 into $2 on this ticket and now, with my luck, I will hit the jackpot and the cash-broke state that I live in will give me an I.O.U. for my winnings. I know they already have I.O.U.'s out for at least two big winners but I am not sure if the Powerball is different since it is a multi-state lottery. Maybe I should wait until I am in Wisconsin or someplace else to get the new ticket? The next drawing is tomorrow night. Maybe I will get that while I am locating a spaghetti squash tomorrow. It is only worth $110,000,000 so I am not sure if it is even worth the effort.

We donated some money to one of the United States Presidential candidates a few weeks ago and I have received emails nearly every day since that donation. One day the email will be from this candidate's child and the next day from the spouse and then some other well-known politician and so on and so on... I am not kidding, at least one email every single day. I do not think I will ever donate to a political candidate again. What was I thinking?  Don't answer that because the question, in and of itself, is a trick question. I wonder what kind of correspondence I will receive from the campaign office when we win the $100,000,000+. I don;t think I will donate to billionaire candidates ever again ( and no, it was not a donation to Donald Trump's campaign).
They even used a photo when they were wearing retro uniforms (that is Junior)

I saw the heading of a list of "the worst major league ballplayers of all time" on the internet and it had a photo of Pete Rose on it. They got me! I could not imagine the all-time hit leader, rookie-of-the-year, three time NL batting leader, World Series MVP, 17-time all-star being considered one of the worst of all time so I opened the link. It was Pete Rose Jr. who also played for the Reds and the photo they showed of him was him when he was on the Cincinnati Reds. He looked exactly like his dad when he was young. Pete Rose was one of my favorite players when I was a young lad so I knew he was not one of the worst player in MLB history. He may have been one of the worst at following the off-the-field rules but his play was 200% all the time (200% is based on what it was compared to we mere mortals).

It is raining pretty good right now and it is supposed to rain most of the day today and tomorrow. I guess I am glad that I am not headed to Mayo Clinic if it is gonna rain most of the time I would have been driving. Even though I do not know the Miss Daisy I was going to be driving, I wish she would have let me chauffeur her. An 80+ year old woman driving from Illinois to Minnesota in the rain doesn't sound like one of the best scenarios. I guess I understand her not wanting a perfect stranger (yes, I am perfect except for the 17 major flaws that I have) of the opposite gender driving her. It did not even change her mind when she found out what I do for a living. Godspeed Miss Gaseblumchen with the trip and the news you receive.

I am going to head over to my work today and see about something else to do there since my Neurologist thinks that it may literally kill me to work over-night shifts and my current position is still classified as nights. Some of the problem, I believe, is the Union thing. Everything is done by seniority and I have not been with this department near as long as many of them have. I would say, of course, that I am in the MIDDLE. I also heard, through confidential sources and I always protect my sources, that some daytime people were moved to nights and, at least one that I know of, quit because of that. In the meantime, before they find me something for me, I am going to look more diligently at volunteering. There were some things I considered but think I was being too picky.
 This is a night job where I could still get some rest. Anybody wanna partner-up? 

Okay, I have bored you enough with my self-analysis and jibber-jabber. I do appreciate you letting me drone-on most days.You can add me to your resume as charity work or volunteer work if you want to. I will be happy to vouch for you and even write you a letter of recommendation if needed. Have a great rest of your day and tonight. Good luck at staying dry if you live in these parts MIDDLE parts.

TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment