Thursday, October 22, 2015

Even Curses Have Senses of Humor

Even curses can have senses of humor
I feel bad putting that photo in the blog today but I take so much crap from Cubs' fans every single year even though my favorite team has won eleven World Series crowns since the Cubs have won their last one in 1908. If Hollywood cannot manufacture a win for you (Back To The Future) you are in trouble. They create entire different universes and they cannot even help you by predicting it in a movie from 1985? I did see, by the way, that Back To The Future was playing at several theaters in the area yesterday. I hate poor sportsmanship but I believe in karma more than I dislike poor sportsmanship so now I will feel avenged and will move-on. Maybe they lost because they were going to charge $1300 for World Series tickets. I heard that number but I never investigated it and, even if that figure was correct, I am not sure if they set those prices or they are set my Major League Baseball. I have to believe that those prices are set by the teams or all teams ticket prices would be the same across the board. Now I will really move on.

I know you have been on the edge of your seat to find out what I would make for dinner last night for Italian food night. I went with chicken parmesan. This is the first time that have ever made it from scratch. It was pretty good. We just had that and a salad and everybody was happy. When I say "everybody" I mean Cha Cha and I because the other human member of the house didn't eat any. I don't think he likes us very much. Jeff did not have any either but I guarantee he would have loved it. He is still enjoying the salmon we had a couple of days ago.

This morning I am going to finally paint those last two outdoor lights that need to be painted. I have to run over to Lowe's and get a bit more paint but then I will be done. I am happy that I mowed the backyard yesterday. It looks so much better with all of those leaves turned into mulch meat (that is the new mincemeat). How come, when we MIDDLES and beyond were young, the worst thing we could be turned into was mincemeat? I don't know if I have ever even had mincemeat. Maybe corned beef hash could be considered mincemeat. I think I may have tried mincemeat pie when I was a kid but that must have been the end of the mincemeat phase of my life. Some cartoon bullies would say "I'm gonna make mincemeat out of you..." I think the Bowery Boys (and the Dead-End Kids or the East Side Kids which were basically the same things really) may have said that now and again. I just found out that without mincemeat the Allied Forces may not have won World War II. I learn so much by writing the blog. Too bad I forget most of it but then I can just read the blogs again and relearn stuff - BONUS! Matt In The Middle could be regarded as a resource for term papers (perhaps not a credible one but it could point you in the direction to find credible sources).

Tonight I will be in Chicago again and tonight I am going to be doing a lot of reading and research for my novel. I am pretty excited as I have quite a few sources of reference that I am going-over. I am still not quite sure what angle I am going to approach the subject but I believe I will inspired in the area while covering the resources I have. I may take a hike around the city and pass out some money first. we only have a few weeks left and then Chicago's economy will fall a bit because we won't be there eating dinner once a week and passing dollars to the needy who, in turn, buy things. I like to believe they buy some form of nourishment or pay for a warm place to safely sleep but, once I pass the money to them, it is their money and they can do with it as they please.

I have to end now because I have a long list to do and a short time to get there. Thank you for stopping by. am still working on getting the letter from Michael J. Fox up in the MITM Facebook page. Cha Cha is busy and she showed me a few things about trying to do it so I will fiddle with it (another saying I always heard as a kid) and see if I can get it added. Have a nice day please. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment