Thursday, October 15, 2015

Play the MITM Lottery - We Don't Pay-Out Either

In one of my rare Sunday blogs (October 4th) I wrote about my trying some new material out for  my comedy act and it not going-over very well on the neighborhood Facebook page. Well, by two people anyway, and the loudest are what most people usually hear. Yesterday I received some more fan mail for this stunt from another comedy-lover in the hood. I will call this person Robin to protect his or her identity; you do not want to be associated with me in Devonaire Farms. Also, this way, I have spies on the inside. I have actually received much more fan mail about this than the two people who knee-jerk complained the loudest. I sort of feel like a cult hero as this contact applauding me is coming up nearly two weeks later. Is it coincidence that my MIDDLE name is Bruce and I am Mattman when Bruce Wayne is Batman? Yes, it probably is merely coincidence. I wanna say that I have some Robin Hood sprinkled in there because the neighborHOOD was ROBbed of my humor when I decided to seclude myself inside the MATTcave while the dust blows-over. People should probably not encourage my shenanigans but I do appreciate the accolades and support.

I have a $2.00 winning Powerball Ticket that I have been holding for the last month or so. I want to take the $2.00 and buy another ticket but I am starting to think that just taking the $2.00 pay-out might be the smart play. Apparently, Illinois is flat-broke. I have been hearing that for several months but everybody cries broke when they don't want to fork-over the loot. But, since they aren't paying people who win the lottery they are going to great lengths to prove that they are broke. If you win over $600 now you will be given an I.O.U. until the state Democratic lawmakers who control the General Assembly and the Republican Governor can get-along. Sort of the same thing with a Democratic President and a Republican Congress. Two people who have won ($50,000 and $250,000) have filed a class-action suit against Illinois. They are saying that it will all be taken care of once a state budget is passed - I do not believe them. This is racketeering plain and simple. These people should also get interest on their money if they ever do get their money. Al Capone would be proud of the state that he controlled for so long. At least people knew where they stood with Scarface.
He should have been Governor

Supposedly NASA (I hope I don't have to say what that acronym stands for by now) has found something in space that they think is a man-made (alien-made I guess is a more appropriate term I guess) panel that is collecting energy from a star. They thought, for many years, that it was a star but they have been noticing that the blinking seems to be in a pattern. So, maybe of we are alone but we were not here first and they are gone now. Are we the next genesis of beings from other planets? Are we just an experiment of theirs and our planet is like a giant terrarium? Are we descendants of another species? All of these questions have been asked and presumably answered but it would not be unlike our many governments to withhold things from us (see previous paragraphs for example).

I think I may hang-out quite a bit in the Harold Washington Library tonight; they are open until 21:00 which is perfect. I have an idea for a book and I want to do some research and what better place to do it than in this huge library? It is in the Guinness Book of  World Records as the largest public library building in the world. We used to get the new Guinness Books of World Records every year and then we all got addicted to television and became couch potatoes and got fat and stupid. Maybe I am just speaking of myself in that last rant. I wish I would have had this book idea before we went to Europe because a lot of information that I need could have been gained in Prague and Germany about my topic. Oh well, I guess I will just have to go back when I get rolling on the book. If I sell the book I wonder if I could write the trip to Europe off on my taxes as a business expense. I bet I could in Illinois since they don't seem to know where their money goes anyway; Capone would have done it. I bet Cha Cha would go with me back to Europe as my Frau Freitag! I am excited but that usually passes after a day or two.
I bet this photo was taken from The Plymouth restaurant. They suck!
I have been doing very well on my new food regimen but this is only the beginning of day two (recall previous paragraph to see how I feel about day two). Diets and such always go well for a day or two before they turn dark and scary. I have proven to myself that, when properly self-motivated, I can persevere in this arena and I am pretty committed right now. Or, at least, I should be.

I have to get many things done so I am going to end now. Thank you for stopping by for a minute or three; I always appreciate you so much for doing so. I hope you have a fantastic day and that you don't waste your time playing the Illinois State Racketeering Lottery. I wonder if you play one of the multi-state lotteries if you get your money from those ones (Powerball and the like)? Oh well, thanks again and if you're in Chicago tonight stop by and see if you can find me in the library - a real life Where's Waldo. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment