Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Please Do Not Like and Share!

Yes, that says "made in China" Thanks Obama! (for having YOUR stuff made in USA.)
If you're looking to buy something on the internet, let's say a shirt or a blouse, and you type in what the item is on the browser on whatever search engine you use what do you see? A list of all of the companies / sites in America that sell these items will pop up. Why does the WWW stand for World Wide Web if you cannot see the clothing items that are made in other countries (the rest of the World Wide countries)? Yes, you can type in dot EU or dot CA... and get to see the clothes made in Europe or Canada but, if you buy them, you must pay an import tax to have them sent to you in these here United States. Most clothing sold here is made by suppressed people in other countries because they can be made cheaper. We just took the depression and forced it into third-world countries so we didn't have to see it on a daily basis. I am sick of us saying that we have a global economy when it is a falsehood just to keep us down. We are not nearly as free as we think we are. I love America but I love every place else where I have gone too and wish we had a better reputation than we do. I just had to get that off of my mind so I could continue in a proper blogging manner. Thank you for your indulgence, latitude and patience.

Tonight the Chicago Cubs play the Pittsburgh Pirates in a one-game Play-Off Lite to see who gets the honor of playing the St. Louis Cardinals in the fully-kreuzened play-offs. The Cardinals are 19-11 (.579) against the Cubs this season and 19-10 (.526) against he Pirates. For some reason I thought the Cubs did better against the Cardinals than the Pirates did this season but maybe that is because I live in the Chicagoland area and the Cubs fans and media are much louder here than the Pirates followers would be (mainly because of proximity). Now that I know this I do have a preference as to which team I hope the Cards play; I will keep it to myself though. The best thing about this game tonight is that both teams are going to use their best pitcher (their Aces) and that means that pitcher will, most likely, only be able to face the Cardinals one time in the National League Division Series barring some rain-outs or something of that nature (pun intended). It's good to be the King (or even a Cardinal).
This goes for me and the Pirates or the Cubs tonight

They started reading the winning stories on the radio from that short story competition that I entered. I suppose, since I did not get a call and I did not read my story, I did not win the contest. Quite honestly, I am not even sure that they received my story. I emailed it to the email address I was supposed to submit it to but I never got any response at all; I thought that was rude. I am sure they received it and mine just wasn't chosen but that makes it easier for me to include it in my forthcoming book of short stories. I already have the title of the book so now I just need to write twenty-or-so more short stories. I am open to including other people's stories too and making it a collection of people's stories.

Last night, for dinner, I made chicken enchiladas using the left-over chicken from the previous night's chicken, After I made Cha Cha's lunch for work this morning we still have two enchiladas, some rice and guacamole left (the cilantro corn is all gone).What left-overs can I make from that? I think I may just call that Fabio's and my lunch. Tonight is pasta night so that will be really easy. We designed a system whereby each day is a different food category. Sundays are SOUPer Bowl soup and sandwich night, Monday is Poultry day (not sure why), Tuesday is Mexican food night (Taco Tuesday), Wednesday is Italian night (comes from the Prince Spaghetti commercials from when we were kids), Thursday is Pizza night (at least for right now) because Jill has class that night and that is easy for Fabio - frozen pizza, This may change in about five or six weeks when Cha Cha's class is done. Friday, another easy one to remember because Jill used to be Catholic before I ruined her, is fish fry night. We don't have anything designated for Saturday so I guess it's Potluck Saturday or Clean-Out the Weekly Leftover Saturday? Or Carry-out Saturday maybe... Suggestions are welcomed. I was curious and I just saw that the Anthony/Prince Spaghetti commercial I linked up there was from when I was 6-years-old. I remember that but I cannot remember anything that I did last week.

Just to time-stamp it I am having a minor "spell" right now at 09:43 10/7/2015. It is now 09:49 and nit has passed. I have learned to control most of them with my breathing. It paid-off to go to those Lamaze classes. As far as child-birth I recommend the epidural though; it seemed so much more effective. These aren't the MIDDLE-ages anymore for goodness sake. Okay, the feelings are coming back - I am going to take a break and come back to finish this in a few minutes (most likely).

I have decided that the phrase that I dislike the most is "like and share if (fill in the blank)." I do not like or share hardly any of these things. I also do not like the ones where someone is trying to get us to like something by putting a photo of a sick kitten or a dirty skinny child and saying something great will happen if they get 1.000.000 likes or something. I am not an idiot and I know these things are not real. It's all marketing and collecting data so they can advertise to us. I am not a sheep though I wouldn't mind being one until the mint jelly came out.

I have to get some things done around here so I will bid adieu until the morrow. I thank you,as always. for letting me write something. I will probably be back again tomorrow. Have a great day and enjoy one of  the last few nice days before old man winter arrives. I didn't used to find that phrase an insult until pretty recently. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment