Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Don't Drink and Post!

 Let's see how long that feeling lasts 
I believe I am suffering from withdrawals. Trying to give things that, presumably, we are addicted to is pretty difficult. The main thing that I am trying to quit, or at least minimize, is being on Facebook. That company is really good at sucking us in and making us return. Many of the things that I do are connected to the social giant. I play the WSOP (World Series of Poker) poker APP and they always want access to my Facebook friends list and I always hit "no." I may, however, hit the "okay" or "yes" or "approve" button by accident and that is what they are betting-on (pun noticed). I will still need to go onto Facebook to promote the blog and we are going to restart doing the podcast in the next week or so and will go there for that. All Facebook is collect data so we can be assaulted my the many companies that they sell their information of our likes and dislikes and posts to. I also don't like how Facebook tends to aggravate me by other people's remarks. I realize that is me and not Facebook but I am a weak Matt. I learned this the most the other night when I posted while a bit buzzed. Don't drink and post kids! I believe on of the main reasons that I like Facebook is that I am nosy. That is why I was a good reporter for the several newspapers and magazines I have written for over the years; it comes handy when you are investigating stories but, in everyday life, it becomes annoying to yourself and others I think.

Speaking of poker - I really do not like Norman Chad. Or, maybe it is just a character that he plays while commentating poker on ESPN. I assume that most of his lines are written for him after they edit the poker tournament for broadcast but I am not certain of that. I play a lot of poker because, in addition to being very nosy, I am also very competitive. Maybe being nosy and competitive made me good at my job before I went off my nut? I am also a big fan of public safety which, I like to believe, is why I really do what I do. I guess it is good that I didn't lose the most annoying parts of my mind. Maybe I will finally turn that nosy investigative spirit (and the extra time I have these days) into finishing one of the many books/stories I have started. I would say that I have about five books started. Maybe I could just turn them all into short stories and include the one that that I entered into that short story contest and just do my book of short stories I have talked about. Unfortunately, procrastination is also one of my strong suits - hey, another card game reference.

While I am doing a self-examination blog today I also find that I am a bit anally-retentive. I do quite a few things that fit this bill but today I was putting my earbuds in my ears (where else?) and I caught myself looking at the buds to make sure that the white R in the red circle was in the right ear and that the black L in the white circle was in the left ear. I have tested them in the past to see if it made a difference aurally and it does not make any difference. And I consider myself a rebel.

I am a rebel in at least one way - I am a St. Louis Cardinals' fan in, what is considered, Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox country. Last night the Cubs beat the Cardinals in game three of the NLDS (National League Divisional Series). The Cubs now lead the Cards by one game and the Cubs have to win one out of the next two games to move on and the Cards have to win both to not be eliminated. I have come to realize that I do not have much against the Cubs themselves the problem I have is against some of the fans' bullying behavior. Sometimes I get sucked into their darkness and then I turn back to the good side of the Force, If the Cubs move-on I may decide to root for them but, if the ugliness continues among the fans I may root for the other National League team that moves on. More likely. I will just stop watching baseball until April 2016. I can imagine the frustration and they are an exciting team right now (and probably for a few years to come) so I wouldn't mind following them when I did not have skin in the game but I don't see that change of attitude changing. I do have friends who are Cubs' fans that are not this way but a few bad apples spoils the entire basket in this case for me. Hey, the game today is at 15:37 so I really need to shake a Cardinal tail feather.
   I can see why the Cubs' fans are so mouthy   

That being blogged, I had better end now. The washer just signaled me that the clothes are ready to be moved to the drier and another load is expected. The washer and drier are just gluttons. I also have to do some shopping for Taco Tuesday this morning. I think I will be doing a taco salad bar tonight because a couple of us who are looking to shed a few LB's. I will include some shells for those of us him that are well over six feet. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great day. It is sunny but a bit chilly and quite a bit windy here right now. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment