Friday, October 16, 2015

Clemens or Hemmingway? That is the Question!

It's already 12:27 and I am just now starting the blog. I had a few things to do this morning. We have had a few sections of decorative fence that Jill's brother Tom gave us a couple of weeks ago and I heard we are probably going to get some frost tonight so I bugged Jill into finally telling me exactly where she wanted the fence so I didn't have to fight frozen ground. We already had some of the fence up that I did quite awhile ago and, coincidentally, Tom had the same fence and he was replacing it with something else so he asked Jill if she wanted it and the rest is blogstory. At least I didn't have to pull a Tom Sawyer and whitewash this fence. I wonder if Cha Cha would want to take a day-trip to Hannibal, MO this weekend; I love that town. It's a four-hour drive each way so maybe not? We have never been to Ernest Hemmingway's birthplace and museum in Oak Park, IL and that is only an hour away. We were at his home in Key West and I bet that one is better because everything in Key West is better. I just checked the Hemmingway museum on the interwebnetdohickey and it looks kind of lame. I still like Hemmingway though - he cannot help where he was born and what they did with it after he was gone. I do like Clemens better than Hemmingway - in case you are keeping score.

After that I closed the fence between the neighbors house and ours because I am pretty sure they are tired of Jeff being over there all the time. Last night, since we did not get back from Chicago until after 22:00 Jeff slept over at their house. So, when he came home this morning I blocked the hole in the fence and Jeff and I went over to the dog park. If you are my Facebook friend you probably saw that, when we arrived at Katz Park (I still cannot believe they have the dog park at Katz Park), it was closed for remodeling. So, Jeff suggested Hopkins Park; he is a smart feller and a fart smeller. I didn't do much walking in Chicago last night because I spent about three hours researching the book that I am going to write. We ended up walking for a little over an hour stopping every now and then to smell another animal's scents or watching a squirrel taunt us from a tree. Jeff handled the squirrel pretty well which makes me think he just doesn't like the one at our house because he is the one who threw the nuts at him form the roof. Jeff is just like me - he likes most creatures until they wrong him and then it is difficult for them to get off his list.

On the way home from our walk we drove through Northern Illinois University's campus.This is the place where I am still employed and patrolled five nights a week for several years and, before that, I worked there part-time for about three more years supervising events. I was sad to learn that I could not remember a lot of the buildings' names. I hope it is just the "use it or lose it" deal and not my decreasing memory though I would sadly bet on the latter. Jeff sure did enjoy all of the people as he stuck his out the window and they smiled and waved at him. It was like he was in a parade or something. He is quite a chick magnet. I may do some of my book research at the NIU library because that Harold Washington Library in Chicago was overwhelming. I have not been to many shopping malls that big. I ended-up doing most of my research on the internet and at DePaul University.

Tonight is Fish Fryday and I think I may grill some salmon and roast some potatoes for dinner.The "Fry" part of fish fry is just because of America's love for alliteration and fried food. I am still doing very well on my new eating regimen and I aim to keep it that way and Fish Grill just doesn't flow as well. I have noticed that, when I don't each as much, I have to pee a lot more. I am assuming it is because there isn't as much food to soak-up the water.

I am gonna quit now so I can go get the salmon. I wonder if Jeff could pass for a helper-dog and go with me. Probably not. I think I am going to go down to the Egyptian Theater and volunteer to help with shows and such - I have lots of experience in that avenue as well. I am the Forest Gump of DeKalb it turns out. Have a great cool day and maybe some frost tonight if you are in the MIDDLEwest. Thanks for stopping by. I think I will blog tomorrow and I believe we are going to record a new podcast this weekend and, if I can remember how to edit the show, we may have a new show up next week. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment