Monday, October 5, 2015

A Rolling Blog Gathers No Belly-Button Fluff

I am blogging a bit later again today because I did a little whoreticulturing this morning. Maybe it was just horticulture since I didn't get paid for it. I planted several mum plants in the front of the yard and then I scrubbed the moss off the side of the house. I don't think it was technically moss (algae probably) but it was a green layer of something that the tree caused on the side of the house. I got most of it off with a sponge on the lower portion of the house and with a push broom while on the twelve-foot ladder. The house if probably seventeen feet high or something so I could not reach all of the green stuff. There is a little still on the top three or four feet. I think I may try the pressure washer but I have to get that hose fixed first because I think a hole got burned in it from the engine's manifold. I wish we lived in a mobile home or an R.V. so I wouldn't have had to do it because a rolling house gathers no moss. Yeah, that was considerably corny, sorry kind of.

I have a couple of chickens in the oven for dinner. We all seem to like the white meat (I am a breast man through-and-through) so this way there is more of the white meat. That makes me think... why, if a person of a different hue other than translucent doesn't like a white person is that reverse-racism? Wouldn't that still just be racism?  Anyway, I am also making mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing.
Odd how the color changes over the years. New wardrobes? blankets?

Remember I told you that I put all of that lint (about two or three months-worth of drier lint, out by the bird feeders so the birds could use it for making their nests? The lint is all still out there. We have the feeders in a little protected alcove so the wind has not blown it away. Either I got it out late and the birds already have their winter homes built or they haven't started yet (which would be kind of bird-brained) or it was a stupid idea and they don't want the lint. Either way, I have a lot of free lint available if someone is in need. I swear it is all from clothing that was dried in the drier and not dust or belly-button lint. Oh well, I will give it until the snow falls and, if it is still there when winter arrives I will just throw it away like normal humans do from there-on-out. 

I heard a thing a while back that talked about superstitions and such and they said that, if a bird poops on you it is supposed to be good luck. Maybe good luck for the dry cleaner. I think I may have written about it here that when I was born my Great Grandmother Katherine (we called her Grandma Kitty) came and visited me in Germany. She always walked with her purse looped over her forearm with her palm up and open. One day, as I was told because I was too young to even know what a bird was back then, a bird pooped right into her hand as she was walking. She was a very, very, very devout Catholic (Katherine McGuire) and now, after hearing about the bird poop being good luck, it makes sense. Though I know if religious people believe in luck. The report went onto say that the reason it is supposedly good luck is because birds fly and they are most near Heaven a lot of the time. I am not Catholic... but I wish she had known that when she was alive - that would have pleased her a great deal. I plan to tell my mom about the bird poop being good luck. I thought about this because there was poop all over the side of the ladder because I leave it outside, along the garage, because it is too long to fit most places (TWSS). 
More jelly gun legislation!
I wonder if I am ever going to get to leave the Island of Misfit Toys? 

I have more stuff on my todo list for today and it's 13:30 already so I am going to have to stop now. Thank you for coming by again; I appreciate you oodles (I don't know where that came from but now I am hungry for spaghetti - maybe tomorrow night?). I hop you have a great rest of your day and night and I hope that I can think of something more interesting to write about tomorrow. I will try to do something different tonight. See how you inspire me? TTTT...MITM (out)TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment