Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Heidelberg Hell-Raiser?

It is much more complicated when the monster is inside your head!
It is 02:06 Sunday morning and I am wide-awake, I had been asleep but, as happens quite often, I am now awake in the MIDDLE of the night. I feel like I have Stockholm Syndrome or something. I know that has to do with growing close to one's kidnapper and missing them after their release. I make this comparison because I feel as though I have been kidnapped by my own mind and I really miss it now that it is gone. I would not say that I am unhappy but I do miss the things that I did not know that I had when I had them. I imagine that can be filed into the cabinet of not realizing what I had until it was gone. It is a bit different in that I did know what I had and knew that it would possibly gone one day yet, now that it probably is, I am ill-prepared for that revelation. Maybe I am just a bit melodramatic because I have been in and out of sleep and I am a bit foggier that I usually am though the fog seems to like to be around me more and more. We do not agree on the situation but fog is really hard to get rid of without the fog's willingness. I should probably take another sleeping pill and see if I can sleep again. Though I have never done recreational drugs I am beginning to regret that choice; what difference would it have made. At least, had I done drugs, I would have something to attribute my problems to; maybe that is the most difficult part? I think I will take one of my prescribed crutches (pills) and sleep for a few more hours though they don't always help. I plan to take Jeff out for a walk at the park at about 07:00 so wish me luck on the sleep - the waking-up shouldn't be much problem. Now my damn foot just fell asleep - wait for the rest of us Mr. Selfish! Good night morning whatever. I will be back before you know it - quite literally.

I slept pretty well until 05:41 though I woke-up in a panic that I was going to miss my flight. I had the plane tickets but was running late. Turns-out that I don't have tickets and I am not travelling to Greenland today. I love travelling and I do love the thrill of making it someplace JIT (just in time) though I also hate it; I would rather be bored at an airport two hours early. Without mentioning anybody specifically, I have gotten very good at navigating places very swiftly and making destinations just by the seat of my pants (pun intended). It will probably continue to be a very useful tool until the end of my days - as the pearly gates are slamming closed.
Perhaps I am bird-brained...and proud of it!

Jill and I took Jeff for a walk in the park this morning; it was a great day for a walk. It was very nice and Jeff got to chase quite a few squirrels. They were all just screwing with him. They would stand on the ground near the bases of the trees and when he made his move they would run to the trees and head up the trunks and, when they were about seven feet or so up, they would just stop and turn around and look down at him. I think, if they had MIDDLE fingers he would have caught about seven or eight birds this morning. After that we brought Jeff home and headed back out and had breakfast with Jill's sister. Jill takes her sister to breakfast almost every Sunday and I tag-along once in awhile. Actually, more often than not now that my dance card is not as full as it once was. Then we went to Lowe's and bought some more flowers for the yard. It looks like it is going to rain now so I am not going to dig the holes right now. Another sign that it may rain is that the birds are very busy at the feeder right outside of my chair; I always know when bad weather is coming because the birds become gluttons in case they have a few days without dryness. They hunker-down in bad weather. Birds are pretty smart; I am not sure where the term bird-brained comes from but I think it may actually be a compliment. Maybe it has to do with the size of their brains but, in relationship to their bodies, I am sure they are the same percentage as humans? I am bad at math so I will just say that I am correct. Hey, being a St. Louis Cardinals' fan kinda makes me bird-brained, huh?
 Russell Crowe was really good casting 

I was watching Cinderella Man the other night while waiting for my sleep-aid to kick-in. Man, I love that movie (easily in my top ten off all time); I have watched it probably 30 times. Anyway, when they introduced Jimmy Braddock for his fight they mentioned his nickname (The Bulldog or Bergen) and I wondered what my nickname would be if I were a fighter and I decided on The Heidelberg Hell-Raiser. I am not much of a fighter so I will just retire undefeated with an unused fighter nickname.

When Fabio and I went to the Cubs game I really liked the renovations they made. I thought I would hate them because I liked the feel of old-time baseball but, other than the huge boards it still felt the same way. I am not sure why it never dawned on me but the renovations were all about money. One of the large screens has the word BUDWEISER emblazoned on top and the other one has WINTRUST on the top. Also, between innings there are commercials running. When people said that the Cubs were going to join the 21st century I was so naive to know they meant by hypnotizing us with the "buy, buy, buy" messages. Sports are big money and that is just the way that it is now.

I am gonna stop now because I am out of stuff to say. I have contemplated quitting the blog all together but I am gonna stick it out for awhile and hope that feeling goes away. I hope you have a rest of your weekend and thank you for stopping-by. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment