Friday, September 11, 2015

I Only Regret That I Have But One Blog To Post Today!

So when was year Zero? Or, did One BC follow One AD?  Zero can't exist, right?
I am still on my Facebook hiatus; I had been finding it a bit of a time-suck and I have short stories and blogs to write. Perhaps Facebook was created by the future me so I could remember EVERYTHING which makes it even more ironic that I am sick of it. Today, if I were a Facebook minion, I am certain that I would read about 9/11 and how I should "never forget." How could I ever forget what these unselfish people did in the name of honor and duty, while looking in the face of horror, to help their fellow humans? Many gave their lives in the service to others - what an honor that is for someone who cares for others so much.Yes, my memory is still on-the-blink, but I do remember the birth of Jesus every year so why would I forget something that just happened in 2001? I have been lead to believe that Jesus was born 2015 years ago (maybe 2016?) but many of the great minds think that he was actually born somewhere between six and four B.C.. And I always knew B.C. stood-for "Before Christ." It is confusing because the year A.D. was always supposed to have meant "After Death" but it really means "anno domini" which, translated from Latin means, "in the year of our Lord." How confusing is that? How could One B.C. have been Before Christ? I know all that but Facebook thinks I am going to forget 9/11? We all remember birthdays and holidays and to change our underwear and to brush our teeth so quit reminding me to remember when my son was four and my daughter was nine; I remember those times. On a side-note loosely related, I blame Facebook for my mind getting lazy and I am thinking about filing a class-action lawsuit. If you forget anything, and want to be part of my class-action suit, let me know and I will add you to the list.

I discovered something very odd about me this morning while putting my socks on. I have better balance on my left foot, where I am missing a big toe, than I have on my right foot that has all of the original hardware. Overcompensation? More concentration?
 I have a couple of these stamps. I wouldn't sell them for one red cent!  
Took the JEEP to get the oil changed this morning and, of course, there was a show about 9/11 on the television in the lobby. Never even made the connection until the guy said, "hey, a Patriot first thing on 9/11." Oh, today is 9/11? And, what a shock, they found other things that were wrong with the JEEP. I have never, ever been to Merlin's when they didn't find something else to try to do or sell me. That must be the magic of Merlin. I usually go somewhere else and get the other things done MUCH  cheaper or realize they are minor and do them myself. The oil change prices are worth the snake-oil selling at the end. Plus, I am checking now, but our Patriot is still under warranty but, what it covers will be the fun. The dealer is going to look at the JEEP on Monday. Of course, the guy couldn't tell me on the phone what my warranty covers. I will dig the warranty out of the filing cabinet and find that out. So much for being patriotic on 9/11 though Monday is 9/14 (not such a memoral day like 9/11).

I heard from one of my co-workers that police officers should be extra cautious on 9/11 because there have been threats against the people in blue on this date. I cannot find anything on the interweb that substantiates this but anyone, especially emergency civil servants, should always be extra cautious. I wish I knew where all of the hate toward people who are trying to help and serve others comes from. I think much of what is wrong is intolerance and/or the perception of intolerance. It makes me sad and causes my handicapped mind grief. Whenever I am in public I Always have my antennae up. I know where everyone is in a room and I know what I will do if any of them go rogue. I always have "an out" and I always have a plan/scenario in my mind. I think a lot of that comes from movies and television but I think much of it also comes from my work and my imagination. I drive the same way. If A does this then I will do that but if B does this I will do that and so on and so on... I also think that may be a big part of my mental issues - my mind never rests. Maybe I am just nosy and bored?
 A fellow short story writer - I'll know him soon 

I believe that my short story is ready to be submitted for the contest. I had Cha Cha read it and, with her suggestions, I believe the story is much better. I was prepared for her to dislike the story (see previous paragraph) but she really liked it and she does A LOT of reading. I trust her because, even though I might pout for awhile, she will always tell me the truth when I ask. No MATTer what happens with the contest (unless they own the rights to it or something by me submitting it) I believe it will be included in my forthcoming book of short stories. I will probably start a second story later today; it will be totally different than the one I just completed. I just now thought of the name of my short story book. Maybe for my second book (even though the first one is far from published or even written for that matter) I will include other peoples' stories too. So, get your writings done; you only have about two or three years to get it together.

While I wrote today's blog I had the movie Bicentennial Man on in the background. It was on HBO this morning while I was getting dressed (I always need mental stimulation to keep my brain overloaded). I had to get things done early so I had to stop watching it. Now I have it on HGO GO! I remember that I watched it many years ago (probably in 1999 or 2000) and that I liked it. In 15 years or so one's views and sensitivities change and I like re-watching movies that I have not seen for years. Life's experiences and circumstances change our points-of-view many times over. I cannot believe I liked this film as much then as I do now; it is a really good movie. I think this Isaac Asimov fellow (the story's writer) has quite a future ahead of him. Just remember, however, that I am a sap and big on the heart-warming stuff. I do, however, wish there were more shoot-out scenes in the movie - there is not even one. Can you believe that? I like many kinds of movies in case you haven't surmised. I am not sure if this would be considered a romance or science fiction or family or fantasy (back then, maybe, but now it might be considered history)? It doesn't really need a shoot-out scene, by the way.

Okay, I could keep talking to you all day long but we both have things we need to get done. Enjoy the fall-like weather today in the MIDDLEwest and thank you, so much, for stopping today. I am going to take this September 11th to give thanks that my friends Dee Simpson and Delores "Ma" Meyer are doing much better medically than they were just awhile ago. Don't worry, you don't have to get sick to be mentioned in the blog - just send me a note and I will gladly include you in the blog; I would probably even autograph a copy of it for you if you wish (no charge). Better do it now before my book of short stories takes-off because the price may go up or, at the very least, you'll have to wait on line to see me. TTTT (most probably)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment