Saturday, September 5, 2015

They're Changing Guards at Elburn Metra Station

 I think if I got the hair cut Sebastian Cabot and I could be twins (oh bother) 
I made a HUGE mistake last night. I changed into my pajamas in front of a mirror. If I had to describe my body in one word based on what I saw in the mirror it would have to be Snowman. Good thing that everybody likes snowmen. Though dogs may pee on snowmen, even dogs love snowmen. The second word that came to me was Pooh. And, fortunately, everyone loves Winnie The Pooh too. All of a sudden I am happy being pleasantly plump. Everything is about perspective and perception I believe. I got the song "They're Changing Guards at Buckingham Palace" this morning. You might ask yourself, "self, what does that have to do with anything and why didn't he start a new paragraph for this change in topics since it seems totally unrelated?" Well, to answer the question that you probably never really asked yourself - when I looked up the song I found that it was written by A. A, Milne who also wrote the Winnie The Pooh books. The song just popped into my head when we started talking about Buckingham Palace after watching a video of a guy making one of the guards (Beef-eaters) laugh. I remember my mom played that song all the time when we were kids. Cha Cha had never heard the song.

The movie Hannibal (the one with Anthony Hopkins as Hanninal Lecter) was on this morning and I watched a bit. It was odd that Dr. Lecter was giving a lecture and he mentioned Gaul. I have been to Gaul now and mentioned it in the blog last week. Three weeks ago I had just knew about it from Gladiator and now it pops-up all the time (TWSS). I am a Gaul expert now. I can actually say I have my Gaul! Yes, I realize it probably came up often before but, until you are fixated on something as I tend to get on occasion. one never really notices. Do you think they have University of Gaul sweatshirts in Pooh or snowman sizes? I still wish Jodie Foster had played Clarice Starling in this film. Maybe Julianne Moore would have been okay had Jodie Foster not been so good in Silence of the Lambs. Jodie Foster has been good in everything I have ever seen her in; even The Courtship of Eddie's Father when "they're Changing Guards at Buckingham Palace" wasn't playing.

I am gonna have to wrap-up early here. Jill and I and Fabio are taking the train to Chicago. Jill starts her class at DePaul University this week and she thinks the train is the way to go. It sounds like it is pretty close to the station but we want to make sure before it is no longer a drill. I think this is for her second or third Masters Degree. Why doesn't she just become a doctor already? I know the Cubs play at 1:20 or so so I bet the train may be full on the way in. Fortunately we get on in Elburn which is the first stop so we should have no problem. I just want to be out of Dodge before the game is over because, most likely, I will have some St. Louis Cardinals' apparel on as I usually do. Some drunk Cubs' fans don't seem to believe in freedom of expression after many Old Styles. We plan to be on the train that leaves at about 10:30. On a whim I just checked and there is a train at 10:25 (it is 09:24 now) and the one after that is not until 12:25 so we had better shake some tail feathers.

Have a great day and thank you coming by. I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend - is there still the M.D. Marathon?We used to volunteer to work for that every year when we were kids. I may blog Monday but probably not tomorrow. TTTM or Tu... MITM (out) Toot Toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment