Friday, September 4, 2015

Tom Brady's Deflated Balls

They just called them the GREAT Plains to trick us into thinking they were fun
I feel like my time in this dimension is almost up. It just seems like things are coming full circle in my life all at one time. Last week I was in the town where I was born for the first time since I was less than a year old. Yesterday my college buddy Greg came out and we went to lunch. Then, last night while I was making dinner, I brought the laptop out into the kitchen to watch Netflix while I cooked; cooking, for the most part, relaxes me. I re-watched a film that I had seen awhile back; I watched Nebraska. I didn't remember much of it (one of the great things about losing my memory) but I had rated it five stars so I must have thought it was good the last time I watched it. I give it five stars again. One of my college classmates (Bob Odenkirk) that I worked with at WIDB radio in college was in the movie. And, the film pretty much ends in Lincoln, Nebraska where my dad's maternal grandparents (The Westbrooks) lived and we visited almost every summer when I was very young. All I remember is there were always lots of people there and it was always very hot. I also remember the looooonnnnngggg drive. It was long both ways no MATTer what my dad said about the uphill downhill bologna. Who in the Helser goes to the MIDDLE of the plains states in the summertime? Hasn't anybody in my family ever heard of the Dust Bowl? Also, I have been in touch with some people that used to work for me several years back recently for an undisclosed reason (for now anyway). Don't worry, it is nothing shady or illegal or anything like that. So, my life seems to be giving itself closure which is fine by me. I am enjoying the ride and I just hold-on and go along wherever it veers. By the way, if you haven't seen Nebraska I do highly recommend it (ten stars so far). It is not a fast-paced film but it is very sweet and heartwarming.

I am sure you are wondering what I made for dinner last night. I baked some chicken breasts seasoned with garlic, chives, onion and celery salt and I reheated some of the leftover pasta from spaghetti a couple of nights ago and I cut up the chicken and cooked it together in the wok with the pasta and topped it at the end with some very small slices of mozzarella and a very little Parmesan. I was not hungry so I am not sure how it was but Cha Cha and Fabio liked it. They are not shy to let me know when my cooking falls short. I do appreciate their honesty and they are never mean about it.
Maybe Brady is behind both the same-sex marriage & the deflated balls scandals?

Do people really believe that Tom Brady snuck all of the footballs into the locker room or a broom closet or someplace and let air out of them? We seem to be more outraged by this than about the lady not issuing marriage licenses to wed two loving people when it was her sworn duty. I bet she said "so help me God" when she was sworn-in but I doubt, even if Brady did let the air out of footballs WHICH HE DID NOT DO. that Brady's contract mentions anything about God or Jesus or any of the apostles. Okay, maybe Thomas was an apostle but it's just a coincidence that Thomas Brady and Saint Thomas share the same first name. The press (maybe even this blog from time-to-time if you can call this part of "the press") like to stir the pot and we (or a portion of us), the public, fall for it almost every single time. Just so they can sell advertisements and papers... At least my opinions are free (even if skewed from time to time) but I do this for entertainment purposes only. I haven't seen the blog quoted on the news YET!

The Cardinals play the Pittsburgh Pirates for three days starting tonight (yes, I realize the days and tonight thing don't sound right). I bet the Cubs are really interested in this series. The National League Central is pretty exciting this year. No MATTer what happens I prefer the excitement of three contenders rather than one team running-away with the division. Of course, I want the Cards to take it all but I will be happy with the excitement of this season whatever the final outcome (I will try anyway). The Cardinals only play National League Central teams for the rest of this month (Pirates, Cubs, Reds, Brewers, Cubs again, Reds again, Brewers again, Pirates again). There could actually be some changes in the division with three of these teams playing pretty well most of this season.

I hope you have (or had depending on when and where you are reading this) a great Friday. I will probably blog again tomorrow. I usually am up early and what else am I supposed to do while the rest of the world is sleeping? Something productive? Thank you for stopping-by. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment