Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Time Really Flies When You Cannot Remember Much (I think)

Yesterday I heard that Chipotle lost a class-action lawsuit saying that they have been deceiving customers. Chipotle had announced awhile back (actually making a big deal about it) that they no longer used genetically modified (GMO) ingredients but, it turns-out that their: meat, sour cream and cheese are made from animals that were fed GMO soy and corn and their beverages (Coca-Cola products) are made with corn syrup. I am a big fan of Chipotle and a large part of that fandom comes from their supposed fresh ingredients. I don't really care all that much now that I blog about it. Anyway, who gets the money from something like that. My guess is the courts and the attorneys see all of that money. Shouldn't anybody who ate there get some cash or a certificate for GMO food?

Poor Jill has been as sick as a dog ever since we got home from holiday (actually several days on holiday as well). I have been sick too but not as bad as her. I feel so sorry for her. Where does the phrase "sick as a dog" come from? I don't remember any of the dogs I have ever had being that sick. Occasionally, dogs will barf-up something but that is not the same kind of sick. How come it can't be sick as a walrus or an antelope or something? And they let us call them man's best friend after we attach this phrase to them? Cha Cha is acting a bit better this morning though she is not the baby that I am (I am a male, after all). She is probably about 60% which would be my 2%. It's odd because I always feel worse in the morning and get slightly better but she has been feeling okay and then getting worse as the days go on.
 I may have to do something as my illness progresses. I love parties! 
I watched a pretty good movie on Netflix last night; it was called Get Low.  Not an extremely action-packed movie but its had a lot of people I like in it. It starred: Bobby DuVall, Billy Murray, Lucas Black, Sissy Spacek... Bill Cobbs is in the film too and I am a huge fan of his. You may not know him by name but you have seen him in lots of movies and TV shows and you like him too (you just don't know it yet). Supposedly, it was partially based on the true story of an old Tennessee hermit (played by DuVall) who decided to have his own memorial / funeral party before he died.Very few people personally know him in the town and, as small southern (or any location in America for that MATTer) do, everybody has stories that they have heard about this enigma. It always makes a film a bit better, for me at least, when you like the actors in the movie; I like all of the main actors in this film. I kind of wish I was a bit more like Felix Bush (DuVall's character) though some might argue that I am a lot like him in many ways - I can be a crotchety a-hole a lot of the time too. I might even help them support their argument.

I cannot believe it is September already. I am not sure why because, even though my memory is ever-fading, I still remember that September follows August. It is weird reading the words "why because" in a sentence one after the other since one sort of answers the question of the other. And, if you reversed them (because why?) it was a question that drove all of our parents crazy when we were kids. Time really flies when you cannot remember as much as you used to.

As I was nodding-off last night listening to the St. Louis Cardinals' game, as I do every night they play (At Bat App), they came back and beat the Washington Nationals 8-5 by scoring five runs in the bottom of the seventh inning. People keep discounting the Cards (mainly Cubs fans because of the bitter rivalry) but they keep winning and remain the best team in baseball. I rarely post anything about them on Facebook anymore because I don't really need to, People know they are my team and I don't need to rub it in their faces. I just wish, when certain teams get on hot streaks, these people would remember that and not rub my nose in it. I try to do unto others but sometimes it is very difficult. I have never been much of a sports heckler because I believe in good-sportsmanship. I do, from time-to-time, when goaded, get sucked into this black hole. I try really hard not to though. I can understand when your team has only won two World Series' since 1874 that it must be frustrating.
Rock stars only WISH they were as cool as this dude!

I am not Catholic (though I was married in a Catholic church to a Catholic hottie) but I really, really love Pope Francis. He is really doing the job the way, I believe, Jesus did the job way before him. He is now saying that all priests should forgive women who've had abortions . He says that "the forgiveness of God cannot be denied by one who has repented." I am sure he will be given a lot of flack by the old poops who don't believe in change but, forgiveness cannot be based upon different degrees of acts. If one is truly sorry for an act and follows the rules of the Bible and the gospels and the rules of the church nobody can decide what acts can and which ones cannot be forgiven. I sure do have a lot of opinions about a group that I am not a member of don't I? I suppose we are all members of the human group and right is right.

I hope you have a great day. I thank you, as always, for stopping by. You mean so much to me and helping keep me using my mind. That will probably be a good bargaining chip come judgement day if you are a believer in that sort of thing. I am more of a do unto other kind of guy. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!


No comments:

Post a Comment