Monday, September 21, 2015

From Hope To Mope

Still pending or denied?
Well, it's Monday and I am released to work but I am not at work. Maybe I will get a call today but, I have been thinking and I think I recall that me department "does not have light-duty" and me sitting at a desk and working days would be considered light-duty compared to my normal job. I wonder how that works? If I am released to work and they don't have work for me does that mean that I lose my disability status?  And, then not and be getting paid at all? I will wait and see if Human Resources contacts me today and, if not, I will call them tomorrow. Will the University find me a job in another departments? I do not think my neurologist will release me to go back to nights as I think he thinks that is most of what is causing my condition. Maybe I should just keep my mouth fingers shut about this situation until I am back to work. I will just let you know if I am working or am not you can draw your own scenario - who doesn't like to draw now and again? I thought I was important at work but, now I find out, that I was not as essential as I thought I was; the world can go-on without me I guess. That is a relief!

I am kind of curious that, now that they have photos to compare it to, why don't they find out if my brain has shrunk more? Those were the first brain scan so now they have something compare that one to. I wish I would have thought of that when I went to see the neurologist. I would do it next time but I will forget. I cannot even do my job how am I supposed to do a brain surgeons job?

Yesterday Jill and I spent hours and hours at Menard's trying to figure out a project. We figured it all out and came home. We did not buy any of the materials because one of the things that we need for the project is 17 feet long and we had the JEEP which could not accommodate that item. If we had had the FIAT we could have put the top down and I could have just held it I suppose. Instead, I went over today with the 4-Runner today and got the long item, as well as the short friends. The long thing hung out the back about four feet but the back window goes up and down so it worked okay. I got to watch the red flag waving off the plank off the back of the ship. Isn't the red flag the STOP flag in auto racing? No wonder everybody was pulling over behind me; I gotta use that more often.
 Notepads work better for me though I do misplace them quite often 

Even though we were at the store for so long yesterday I still did not remember where the items we had decided-on were located. Good thing I took some photos of the SKU numbers on my phone. I went to the counter and asked where the main item was located and they told me the aisle number and where that was. My life is seriously becoming the film Memento. Incidentally, after awhile of looking for the main item, I left Menard's and tried Lowe's before going back to Menard's and using the SKU numbers. I am trying to make my mind do it on its own but it seems to have a different agenda than my ego and my pride do. It saddens me but that it is okay because I just forget that I am sad and depressed until I get sad and depressed again later and then the cycle repeats and repeats and repeats and repeats... I always have to blog to refer back to if I don't forget how to read. Why do we remember some things and not others? What if we forgot how to breath or how to walk or blink our eyes. I realize the eye and breathing things are just a natural responses but what if...?

I am not sure if you saw but I blogged yesterday because I had not blogged Friday or Saturday and was getting withdrawal symptoms.

I just now found out that Yvonne Craig died while we were in Europe. That shows you how much media we had while on holiday. Maybe people there don't even know who Batgirl is. The only reason I found out now is that I saw a post that said she was snubbed in the segment that they always do at awards shows - the Emmy Awards were on last night. Man, I had a crush on Batgirl. She was pretty progressive for the 1960's; I have always liked strong women. They also snubbed "Rowdy Roddy" Piper - he was a great actor. So much so that may people believed that "professional" wrestling was real. I liked wrestling too but I knew it was very similar to Batman in that it was not real.

If I don't go back to work this week I will be able to go the Chicago again Thursday with Jill. She is taking a class for her second Master's Degree at DePaul University. Her class is two blocks from Michigan Avenue so it is very close to many, many, many fun places for someone who needs brain stimulation. I think her class only lasts five or six more weeks. The class is like three or four hours long so I get to see a lot in that amount of time. It is odd to me that most of the businesses (restaurants, stores...) close at 8PM. I would think, in Chicago, they would be open much later. I just like walking and there are lots of great things to see when walking in Chi-town; especially on the lake-front.

That is all I have in me today. Thank you for stopping by today and whenever you can. You make me smile and I hope that I return that favor every now and again. Sorry if there are typos... today because I am not going to proofread; that's what editors are for. I hope you have a great night and, if I am nor working tomorrow, I will blog again then. It is 1406 now so I am fairly certain I will be blogging tomorrow. TTTT (I give it 90%)... MITM (out) TA! - I wish I had a Matt Signal to add here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment