Saturday, September 12, 2015

Chianti and Crushable Hats - Is This Heaven?

 Congratulations and thank you POTUS 
READER WARNING-  I DID NOT PROOFREAD THIS TODAY - actually I rarely do any more but you probably have made that summation.

I am sure you have already heard but, just in case you have not, President Barack Obama won his second Nobel Peace Prize yesterday. With all of the obstacles he had to overcome, mainly because of his race and the narrow-minds and ignorance of many people in my adopted country, I cannot believe what he has accomplished in eight years. Some of the members of my family, however, do not feel the same way that I do - nobody who has ever been married to me or sired by me though, thankfully. I am proud that he was a Senator in my state and I am proud that I voted for him for President both times that he won.

I began re-watching the series Deadwood last night when I could not sleep. I would say that is one of my top-ten favorite television series' of all-time. I have been to Deadwood but I do not remember much about it because I was young and I didn't have the appreciation for it that I gained from watching this show. I do not recommend it if you are faint-of-heart, don't like violence, cannot take full frontal nudity (male and female) and do not like words that rhyme with smocktrucker. I have to say that word (the real one, not the one that rhymes with it) is one of my favorite words when I am really angry with someone. If someone called me that I would probably laugh rather than be angry as many might be. If you have HBO and you're looking to watch it the site says it is only available until this coming New Year's Eve (31-December-2015).
What happened to Rich Hall? His Mr. Softee film-bit was hilarious!
Yesterday I was working on bills and I could hear the music of the ice cream truck driving around the neighborhood. When we were kids we had The Eskimo Man and Mr. Softee but I don't know what this ice cream person calls his or herself. I hear that truck a lot lately but I mention it today because of the song that was playing from the truck. Is it good marketing for a truck selling any kind of food to be playing La Cucaracha? It was only the melody and no lyrics were sung but, do you think the young people who are the main customers of these predators know that La Cucaracha means "the cockroach?" And, if they did or do, do they even care? I don't usually buy food (or anything resembling food) from anyone or anything associated with bugs or vermin. I am just picky that way. Some cultures eat bugs and scorpions and such so who am I to judge?

This morning Jeff and I went for a walk. It was very nice; what a perfect morning to throw on a sweatshirt and get out for a bit. Jeff was in Heaven with all of the wildlife we encountered. We saw lots of squirrels that just messed with Jeff. There was a family of deer: Mama Deer, Papa Deer and Baby Deer. We saw lots and lots of birds. I like how many animals just stop in their tracks and wait to see what you are going to do before they decide what to do. The squirrels would go up part of the tree and then just watch us; they were just messing with us because squirrels are a-holes; that is probably why I like them so much. The deer just stopped in their tracks maybe 50 yards and just waited to see what we were gonna do. Fortunately, for them. we were not hunters because they we caught with their hooves down. Ironically or. maybe just coincidentally, we have another squirrel in the backyard and this one likes to mess with Jeff. He waits until Jeff sees him and then scurries half-way up the tree and just looks down at Jeff. Jeff, of course, barks like crazy but he has not figured-out how to climb trees yet. I bet he will before he leaves the planet. I wonder if this is squirrel that Jeff has history with - the one who sat up on the roof and threw nuts at Jeff. Maybe Jeff is still harnessing some resentment and he remembers this little bugger.

I am starting to piece together parts of what I believe my current mental conditions stem (not an intended brain stem pun) from; I am neurotic in several ways. I have always been a time-miser; I was gonna say Time Nazi but I hope I am not quite that nuts. I HATE HATE HATE being late because I think it is very rude. I have had to learn to deal with this because, when there are other people in our lives, our schedules are not always ours alone. I would rather be an hour early and have to entertain myself by talking a walk or a nap or something than being last. But, I cannot be too early either unless it is something where I am meeting someone because, then, if they are early it's a win-win. I also hate rudeness and abhor discourtesy. I see that all the time in today's society and, no pun intended, it drives me crazy. I do realize that there are times when circumstances arise and discourtesy happens accidentally. I know I have made the connection between Hannibal Lecter but I think both killing people and eating them are rude too. I just get crabby and become a bit of an a-hole but I am not ever hungry enough to eat the rude.
Chianti and Crushable Hats - what a delicious day it should be

Since I am so cultured and dainty Jill and I are going to a charity event called Wine on the Terrace at the The Ellwood House here in town. My chauffeur will drive me there - she is a hottie too. The event is from 16:00 to 19:00. There are only 72 tickets left so, if you want to rub elbows with us (or you're a  hitman or a hitwoman looking to cash in you know where I will be... or will I?). Tickets are $50 each but that is for dinner and tasting of over 30 wines AND it is a charity event so it is tax deductible. $100 for dinner and drinks is pretty good. I bought the tickets on line and I have the Eventbrite APP on my phone so they will just scan that when we get there. That is great because I would probably lose the tickets and there is little chance of me losing my phone other than around the house. Oh my, I think I am going to wear my German hat too; you know, the CRUSHABLE one. There have been very few occasions for me to wear my crushable hat since being back in the USSA (not a stutter). Maybe I will find a nice Chianti?

Have a great day. I am so enjoying this chilly-ish weather. Maybe we'll see you tonight - I will be the one in the CRUSHABLE hat; I hope an anvil doesn't fall on my crushable hat and smoosh my crushable head. TTTMonday (unless I see you before then)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment