Tuesday, September 8, 2015

While My Blog Gently Weeps!

For some reason yesterday, out of the blue, I thought, "I am never going to any more reunions of any kind." I don't even care if it turns-out that John Lennon and George Harrison faked their deaths and I am the only person invited to The Beatles reunion I am not going. Maybe I would change my mind and it was just a mood that I was in. Perhaps I will decide on reunions on a case-by-case basis. Oddly, I woke-up this morning and  a tribute video of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from when George Harrison was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was on. Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne and George Harrison's son (he looks a lot like a young George) were among the band members. I was totally blown-away by Prince's guitar playing at the end. I have seen Purple Rain probably twenty times and I know how talented he is but WOW! If you're interested HERE IS A LINK. I may be wavering on the reunion stance now - I am so wishy-washy sometimes.

I almost always wake-up at 3AM-ish (this should be my life theme song) and last night I woke-up with Tom Cruise on my mind. I am like a little girl dreaming about Tom Cruise. Just before I went to sleep I was watching a movie on HBO called Going Clear. It was a documentary about Tom Cruise and his role and participation in Scientology. I try not to be judgmental with things like religion and cults and things because we all need things so we feel loved and part of something... And, we all have our own religious beliefs which, as the world has shown us many time since the beginning of time, the differences are vast. I have friends and family and the blog; not everybody has what I have and they need to find stability wherever they can find it. I don't really know Cruise's family background other than about his marriage to Katie Holmes so I cannot speak of that. Based on this film, boy did these Scientologists kiss their poster-boy's butt. If I were a celebrity, and thank goodness for all of us that I am not, I don't think I would ever be able to be seen in public again after this chapter in my life. Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise were not afraid to be who they are/were and heck with their careers. Good for them.I suppose. I wish I had that much courage and chutzpah. Oh wait, isn't Cruise in the new Mission Impossible 5 (Rogue Nation) movie that just opened?  I think it did really well at the box office over the opening weekend too. Can we, as a public, just separate celebrities personal and professional lives or are we just a bunch of lemmings who just do what we are brainwashed to do? Sorry for the brainwashing reference right after talking about Scientology.
 The phony-bologna award they gave Cruise to kiss his brain-washed butt 

I have been feeling a bit on the depressed side for the last few days. I am not really sure why. Maybe it is because I was so far behind on the laundry? I am pretty-well caught-up but now, if the weather holds-up and the rain from this morning dries I will try to mow the lawn this afternoon before it rains again tonight. I have let the lawn go a bit because it has been so hot and I think it is good to let it create its own shade so as to not burn itself up. I know it recovers quickly with water but I like a green lawn. Good thing I don't live in Kentucky. I try to stay busy but I feel kind of the way a caged animal must feel; my world was huge when we took my Farewell Tour of the world and now I am back to being trapped in my cage. I know that is WAYYYY melodramatic and it is not as bad as I paint it. I have an appointment next week with the neurologist and maybe he will broaden my cage a bit. I am not overly optimistic but I am not pessimistic either. I have some small seizures but I have not passed-out for quite awhile.

I am going to start on my novel (or a short story to start maybe) this week. I have so many notebooks full of scribbled pages that I have written over the years. Hopefully, many of them will link together or maybe I will do an entire book of short stories? I am contemplating taking a writing class (like the 30 I have had in my life haven't been enough). I think I need a deadline for writing which a class would provide. That is why I was probably a good newspaper/magazine writer and editor; I had a deadline. I need to have a finish line to cross.
 What does he know? He's dead! 

I think I will walk to the grocery store later today too; we are out of a few things. I suppose I could do that before the lawn because the walking/bike path is already dry. There are so many minor details that we have to make every single day aren't there? I am glad we only agonize over a few of the bigger ones or we would never get anything done.

I am gonna wrap-up to get some things done. It is pretty breezy out so I may be able to mow the lawn right now? Thank you for stopping by. I will try to cheer-up so maybe the blog will get a little rosier though I have always noticed that doom and gloom, one in awhile, makes the nicer times even nicer. Thank you for stopping-by; you are the rosier part. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment