Thursday, September 4, 2014

Weekend? They really do exist!

Private lessons available by appointment only!
It is finally my Friday tonight. Tomorrow is my Saturday and Sunday rolled-up into one. Tonight is my last day of non-stop work (meaning days in a row not, literally, non-stop). My next day of forced overtime is October 3rd. Tonight I have to bet five to get 7.5 (meaning that I work five hours and get either paid or get the vacation/COMP equivalent of seven-and-a-half hours). Five hours will be a breeze. I even get to go in at 2300 rather than 2200 and I get off at 0400. I think they make it five hours because anything after that they have to give me an extra paid thirty minute break. I like Unions now that I am back on this side of the line and not on the management side anymore. Maybe Cha Cha will get a day off soon too huh?

Last night at work I saw a "suspicious vehicle" (that's an industry term) driving around a parking lot in the MIDDLE of the night. I drove up and saw a young lady behind the wheel and a young man in the seat next to her. They looked very nervous when I drove up; I see this look pretty regularly at work. I asked, "is everything okay?" The girl said that the dude was "teaching her how to drive stick shift." I could totally relate to this. When Cha Cha and I were in college at Southern Illinois University I taught her how to drive a standard transmission vehicle in a college parking lot down there. I just told them to be careful and wished her good luck and went on my way. I never even called in the plates; I hope it wasn't Clyde Barrow teaching Bonnie Parker how to drive the get-away car. I radio'd it in so they wouldn't be bugged every two seconds and went on my way. When I taught Cha Cha we did the lesson during the day so nobody really bothered us.

The St. Louis Cardinals now have a three game lead over the second place Milwaukee Brewers. The Cards have won five-in-a-row and the Brewers have dropped eight straight. I hope that, by Monday, the Cardinals will have won nine straight and the Brewers will have lost 12-a-row. They play each other in Milwaukee, starting tonight, for the next four days/nights. The last MLB game I saw live was when Greg and I went north of the Sausage/Cheese Line to watch The Cards come back from a six run deficit to beat the Brew Crew. I would like to get up to see one in this series too but my only night off for those four is tomorrow night and think Cha Cha and I are going to Cooper's Hawk for date night. Maybe she would prefer a peanut and Cracker Jack dinner? She has been working VERY hard (20 hour days) for the past month+ on a huge project that she will be hosting world-wide on the web for her company tomorrow and she deserves a night out with a handsome prince. Hopefully, if she kisses me I can turn into one? She may have to settle on this toad. I could use one of the COMP days that I have earned to go to Milwaukee but I will hold-off. I would like to see another World Series. I never thought I would get to see one in person and now I am talking about going to my second. I realize I am putting the beer cart before the Clydesdale here. Just let the Pirates (lost four straight - three of those to the Cardinals) and Brewers continue losing for now.

I have to end now. I have some pending issues I need to attend to toot-sweet. Have a great rest of your Thursday. I will probably write again tomorrow. Thanks a lot for stopping in. Your invited back again to this locality to have a heapin' helpin' of my blog reality. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment