Friday, September 12, 2014

Nuts, Crackers, Bananas... (am I crazy or making a fruit cake?)

Almost every day I think of something for the blog and most times I have a pad of paper and a pen with me. Every so often I have an idea and I do not have a writing utensil or my phone (where I can take notes) and I think, "this idea is so great that I will remember it." I had one of these moments early this morning. Guess what?! I cannot remember the idea I had. How cruel is my mind that it allows me to always remember that I had a great idea for the blog or the podcast but it doesn't let me remember the idea itself? Note to my mind - if you are not going to let me recall the great idea that I had please do not let me remember that I even had the great idea.

Fabio has been sick for the last couple of days. I think he has the cold that I suffered-through for about two weeks. Maybe I should have stayed home from work a night or two but I just toughed it out and it probably lasted longer because of that and all the extra hours (less sleep). Last night I was up late but I set my alarm as a backup for him. I had fallen asleep on the couch but I had my phone (with my alarm) on a table right next to me. At 0743 Fabio came down the stairs from his room and I awoke immediately (I am a very light sleeper) and looked at the time. School starts at 0745. I looked at my phone and, though I had set the time for the alarm, I had not hit the little icon that turns green when it is on and turns the alarm on. I asked him what happened with his phone and he looked and he had the volume all the way down. This is precisely why I have multiple alarms set for the nights I work. I am a constant worrier though I try to hide it most of the time. It a skill/defect that comes in very handy while playing poker. So, since he had been sick for the last three days and had been going to school anyway I called him in sick today. Ironically, this is the best that he has felt all week long and this is the day I call him in sick. Three-and-a-half day weekend for him - yesterday was a half-day at his school for some unknown reason. Because of 9/11? I really have no idea why.

Why do people who are so talented also so crazy a lot of the time? Is that the whole "a fine line between brilliance and insanity" thing. I am watching Braveheart and it makes me think of some of the great films that Mel Gibson has made and then I think of Ray Rice who played some great football. They both had everything and they went crackers. Were they always bananas or does the pressure get to them? Why so many synonyms for "crazy" have to do with food? I suppose there are many more who are brilliant  and non crazy and we just tend to focus on the ones who are nuts. Hey, there is another food one. Nuttier than a fruitcake.

I was working on the garage today. It is not done yet but I have made a big dent in the job. I have to be able to get two vehicles in there this winter. I will begin working on editing the podcast soon (today). We have three cars here now and only room for two in the garage. I think we will put the one that Fabio drives in the garage as he needs to drive to school in the morning and we will put Cha Cha's in the garage because it is the newest of the vehicles and she, too, needs to drive during the day. I work nights so the 4Runner will sit outside at my work. We do have a covered parking garage at work I can park at too if I wish but it is a bit of a hike to the office from the parking garage. I think I am going to have a block heater installed in the 4Runner before winter. That reminds me, I should get the snow blower over to the guy to get it tuned-up before winter.

So many things to do and so little time. That being blogged I had better get going. Enjoy the chilly weather here in the MIDDLEwest. Hopefully, wherever you are, you are having nice weather. There is so much talk of weird weather going on lately. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great evening. I may blog tomorrow provided I get Dirty Laundry Podcast up tonight or in the morning; that is my priority at this point. TTTT or after...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment