Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day Baseball (I love, I mean, hate it)

I have this card in a box in the basement
My first two-day weekend in about five weeks has commenced. I started with a 4 1/2 hours nap (you might call that my nightly sleep) and then got up to take a shower. After getting dressed I turned on MLB Network and, what do you know, The St. Louis Cardinals are playing the Cincinnati Reds. At 11:30 AM? Awesome! At that same I time I received a call for the Chicago Cubs. Yep, I am finally getting the call from the Cubs. I have tickets for the Cubs' final game of the season against the Cardinals coming in the mail. I also saw that opening day at Wrigley Field next season is against the Cardinals. I love baseball; it really is the smells and the sounds as well as the emotions. Day baseball is the best; especially when I work nights. They talked about the possibility of Pete Rose getting into the MLB Hall of Fame. I think he should be in. I am biased though. As a kid he and Roberto Clemente were my two favorite players.

Between inning I went over to Subway and grabbed a turkey breast sandwich. Damn commercials. Do other parts of the country have giardiniera at Subway? I know Champaign, IL doesn't. Shouldn't they have spelled it GARDENiera since it has almost the entire garden in the ingredients? On the way back I wondered to myself, "self, why did they decide on red, yellow and green as the lights on the traffic light?" Why not the primarily colors of red, yellow and blue? Because the sky is blue? Well, the trees are green so that is just as distracting if that was the issue. Well, in that line of thought why not orange, pink and purple?

We are going out for dinner with my parents tonight. We haven't seen them in awhile. Life sure gets in the way of things; working nights adds to that exponentially.

We sure could use a Matt Holliday home run here! He walked. And now they lost - dammit! I hate day baseball.

I have not had enough sleep yet today. I may try to take a nap before dinner. Dinner is in three hours though. Thanks a lot for slowing down long enough to read this. I do not feel very creative write right now. Have a good rest of your day. I will be more creative with a few more winks. TTTT...MITM (out). I SAID GOOD DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment