Friday, September 5, 2014

Doctor and Mister Helser?

It is 0432 and I am already in my jammies. The five hour shift (2300-0400) went very quickly. Yesterday I wrote that this was going to be last one day-off weekend. Well, that may or may not be true now. My Sergeant said that I may have to work again next Thursday (2300-0400). I could get out of it if I wanted to; I could force someone else who is below me in seniority and has Thursdays off to work while I am here in my jam-jams sawing logs. So, now I have to decide by Saturday night whether I want to work five hours next Thursday night and get another full night off (or the pay if I choose).

Jeff Swanson Helser is thoroughly confused. He is not used to me being home at this time and he thinks it is time for him to get up. If I am home at this time, because it is normally my night off, I am usually asleep. It is funny how dogs can just be the same any time day or night. I guess, unless they are a worker dog of some sort, they really don't have anything to do during the day so they can just lie around like a rug or a dog and sleep so, whenever we are up, I guess they are up too.


I am going to stay awake until 0630 and wake Fabio up for school. He wakes himself up (with the help of his alarm) but I am more convincing than his phone alarm.

Last night Cha Cha went to her first night at DePaul University to begin classes for her second Master's Degree. It dawned on me that she has attended many college in this state. We met at Waubonsee Community College about 31 years ago and then we both transferred to Southern Illinois University after she attended Northern Illinois University for a bit and returned there for more classes later. She received her (first) Master's Degree from Western Illinois University. Now she is beginning her second Master's at DePaul. She needs to take some classes at Eastern Illinois University, Northwestern and University of Illinois to get the big ones out of the way. There are many school in our state and she is an alum of most of them. I guess if she works in education she may as well be educated on, in and from just about every school in our state. I am very proud of her; she is such a hard worker and she isn't even a dull girl.

Tonight we are going to Cooper's Hawk. I made reservations last night and had to settle on 2045. That is kind of late but the only earlier time was 1830. Cha Cha has her huge world-wide meeting that she is hosting during the day and I am not sure 1830 would be doable for her so I went the safe route.

We are probably about a week away from working on getting Dirty Laundry Podcast upgraded. It has kind of been slowed down because I haven't had a day off. I cannot wait until the show sounds even more professional.
Will history repeat itself?

Last night the Cardinals beat the Brewers. The Pirates lost too. The only other team in the National League Central that won yesterday was the Cubs. The Cubs have won three in a row but they are still 13 games out of first. The Cards have won six in a row now. The Brewers are four out and the Pirates are 5 1/2 out. Sorry to bore you but, since I was checking, I thought I could save you having to check as long as you were here already.

I have to start making Fabio's lunch. I should probably make him make his own but worry what that would entail. I wish he would just get the school lunch but he says the lines are so long he would barely have time to eat. I have never investigated to see if that is true so, I make lunches. Have a great day (your Friday probably) It;s my freaking Sunday already and I just got off of work two hours ago. Thank you for listening to the podcast and reading this blog; I hope you get something out of them too. Not sure about the blogibility of tomorrow. TTT I blog ya again...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment