Monday, September 8, 2014

"Required Optional" Reading

It is Sunday afternoon and I am sitting on the patio with Cha Cha listening to the Cardinals/Brewers game. I think I like listening to baseball on the radio (APP on my cell phone in this case) than watching it on television. I think I may start going to ballgames by myself and sit in the stands with my cellphone in my breast pocket with my ear-buds in my ears (maybe just one ear so I can enjoy the live sounds of the ballpark) listening to the game. I feel like I am cheating on the Cardinals because I decided to listen to Bob Ueker and the Brewers' broadcast on WTMJ rather than the Cards' broadcast on KMOX. I do prefer the Cardinals' broadcast because I like the to hear the inside stuff about my team. It is funny that they just played a Miller Brewery commercial. KMOX plays Anheiser-Busch commercials and WTMJ plays Miller commercials. I guess since they play in Miller Park and Busch Stadium it isn't that surprising. If the Cardinals begin losing, it is 0-0 now, I will have to switch broadcasts. There sure are a lot of superstitions in sports aren't there? I am just a little stitious!

Most of the rest of America is watching football and I am listening to baseball. I am not much of a football fan anymore. I still like going to football games occasionally but it is more for the people and the atmosphere and the excitement. I was much more of a fan when I played fantasy football. Ironically, I think It looks like I am going to a Bears' game December 21st against the Detroit Lions. I am pretty sure that does not qualify as irony, dontcha think? I must say that I enjoyed watching the Northern Illinois University - Northwestern college game yesterday though. NIU beat Northwestern - see, once the Northwestern players talked Unionizing they got lazy. I work with a lot of Union members that fill this bill; not indicative of all  Norma Rae's though.

It is Monday now. I found out last night that I do not HAVE TO work Friday night and if I WANT TO work Thursday night I can volunteer to work five hours and get paid for 7 1/2. I feel like I have had enough extra hours and, if they are not going to be forced upon me this time, I do not think I will sign-up for this one. I really would like to have two days in a row off. The next day I will HAVE TO work is October 3rd. I am confident that work is settling-down a bit now. There are several events coming up over the next few months that will throw monkey wrenches into that so I will enjoy the perceived normality for now.

I just saw that someone is claiming, without a doubt, Jack the Ripper's identity has been confirmed through DNA testing of blood found on a scarf. Pish posh I say.

Turn signals became a "required option" on all American vehicles in 1954. I am not sure what a "required option" is as this seems like an oxymoron but that is what they called it. I am tired of so many oxymorons not using their turn signals. It could not be any easier to flick that little arm to the left of your steering wheel. You don't even have to turn it off; it turns itself off after you complete your turn. An ingenious invention! Why will so many people not use them? I use them for lane changes and when I am turning... The worst is when I am sitting at the entrance to my subdivision wanting to leave the hood and some moron zips down the road and flies into the subdivision without letting me know she/he is turning in. Then, many times I will get stuck waiting for a line of traffic before I could have exited. This was my only break out. Today I was tempted to turn around and follow this inconsiderate she-dog to her house. I did the "what the hell" thingy with my hand and mouthed "what the hell" to her but I thought better of following her. I hate inconsiderate people.

It's 1800 and I am gonna get some sleep for my Wednesday shift tonight. It's nice to know what day is my Wednesday for at least one week. Thanks a lot for slowing down and turning in (I saw you used your signal). Have a great night and I will blog you again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (signaling a right turn outta here) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment