Thursday, September 18, 2014

MITM: An Intimate Blogstory

It is much later than I usually blog but I wrote TTTT yesterday and "today" is the fourth T so here I blog. I would have blogged earlier but today, being my only day off this week, I was pretty busy. I did quite a few of my manly duties: grocery shopping, doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen (dishes...), making dinner, cleaning the kitchen again... Now my back hurts; I guess housework IS, in fact, back-breaking work. So now I am sitting in a wingback chair with my feet up on a hassock watching the PBS documentary The Roosevelts: An Intimate History.I think that this Ken Burns fellow may have a good career ahead of him. Now that I think about it my feet may just be up on a footstool but for some reason hassock came to mind. My grandma used to call footstools hassocks. I am sure there are differences between footstools and hassocks but hassock is more fun to say. Anyway, I have always been a big fan of the Roosevelts: Eleanor, Franklin and Teddy. I have read several biographies about Theodore. It is funny how the show just mentioned that people only got one day off and I constantly whine about having only one day off when, in my case, I am getting paid time-and-a-half for those hours and these people were probably making pennies. We are such pansies these days (when I say "we" I am referring to me).

The new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast is in the works and should be up by Monday (my guess is by Saturday but I will give myself a few days cushion). Saturday will be a week since the last show was uploaded so, I am now shooting for Saturday, Now, to complete the picture of my wingback chair scene, Jeff is lying at my feet. The only thing missing are a pipe, a bearskin rug and a fire in the fireplace. Incidentally, we do not have a fireplace; we decided against one in this house. We had one in the old house but they are more trouble than they are worth though they were pretty standard days of the Roosevelts. Now we have a fire pit on the back yard - far less trouble and potential problems.
Me at Wrigley Field

Fabio and I are going to the St. Louis Cardinals game at Wrigley Field on Wednesday. I am going to use some of the time that I have earned from all of my overtime. From what I can tell we are eight rows off the field down the third base line. Weird thing is that I also got offered some tickets for Tuesday's Cardinals game at Wrigley Field a couple of days ago too. I actually had to turn those tickets down; I don't want to take two days off. Cha Cha's sister apparently won tickets and some kind of a parking pass and she cannot or doesn't want to go. It was nice of her to offer. If I weren't already going on Wednesday I would probably have taken those tickets. Even if it had been a day game I may have considered going and then toughed-out work that night (and the night before). Actually, now that I write that, I don't think I would have done that either. You watch, something historic will happen that night and I will kick myself for not taking the other day off too.

I am really sleepy and I get to sleep real hours tonight so I am going to bed. Maybe I am being stupid and I should just stay up my "regular" hours tonight since I work tomorrow night but I don't want too (I am sleepy). I hope you have a great Friday tomorrow (today if you're reading this tomorrow which today now for you). Thank you for coming by - I will probably blog tomorrow (or today if you're reading this tomorrow which is now today) while editing the show. TTTT (which may now be today?)... MITM (zzzzzzzzout)

No comments:

Post a Comment