Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WBW (Way Back Wednesday)

Tomorrow is 9/11. I was deeply saddened and shocked that day but I will never understand why we relive these types of things every year. It's almost like we are celebrating these kinds of tragedies. I don't think we should bury our heads in the sand but how do we heal if we keep picking the scabs? It needs to become a scar. We aren't morons - we're not going to forget. I remember the day that I got my toe cut off and I have plenty of scars but I don't celebrate it every year. I know what day it happened but I didn't get t-shirts made commemorating the loss of the leader of my left foot. We all have scars from childhood and when we happen to see them we remember how we got them. I bet the countries that perpetuate these kinds of events love when we make big deals out of them.

We are going to record Load #161 of Dirty Laundry Podcast soon (maybeish). Cha Cha is on the phone with MADYM so "soon" is a relative term. They are on speaker phone so maybe I should just take the microphone in there and we could do an on-phone interview. I could probably even sneak it in there but that would be unscrupulous. On a different podcast note - I see a lot of podcasts posting new loads every day. I should listen to these shows; they may just be ten minutes long or half-an-hour long. Would anybody want to listen to our lunacy every day?

I feel like I am back in college. I am listening to Hall & Oates (Kiss On My List) and watching Top Gun on HBO. I was already watching Top Gun (I saw this film in Carbondale, IL in 1986) and then my friend Mary Capet Miller (from high school) was talking about Daryl Hall so I posted a video of the song on her Facebook page. I won tickets to see Garfunkel Hall & Oates at a bar in Carbondale (Gatsby's) in a trivia contest. I won the tickets at the bar they were not playing at the bar. I think college just exists so we have things to remember and keep us young in our minds; the same reason Facebook is around maybe. I guess there is that whole education-deal too but that is secondary. I met Cha Cha in college and we have been together for over 30 years. My buddy Greg is from college/1982ish too and he is still with me in a platonic way (not that there is anything wrong with other ways but he doesn't like me like that). Now Splenda lives in Carbondale and every time we go to see her it is like plugging me into a USB port and recharging me a bit. I think I may be getting a recharge some time in October. That Facebook/memory thing reminds me - tomorrow is TBT -Throwback Thursday. I wonder how many 9/11 posts will be TBT-related this week?

I am so happy that, at this time tomorrow, I will already be awake again and begnning my first weekend (two-day weekend that is) in almost a month. I really need that two-days. We underestimate that two days off sometimes I think. I know many of you just had a three-day weekend. I never get that unless I am using a vacation day or a COMP day.

It sounds quiet in Cha Cha's office so I am going to go and see if it is time to record the show. The show must go on! Thanks a lot for hanging here for a few. I am pretty sure I will blog tomorrow; probably while I am editing the show. Have a great night and enjoy the crazy weather I am hearing about all over the U S and A. Flooding in Arizona and Las Vegas? Maybe it's time to start getting some cubits of gopher wood together huh? At least buy stock in a gopher wood lumber company. I bet I can corner that market pretty quickly. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment