Wednesday, September 17, 2014

People Are Funny (and some aren't)

I have the urge and feel the need to write but I have very little on my mind. That is not true. We all have hundreds or thousands of things on our minds all of the time but I am not thinking of anything that most people would be interested in reading about. I am tired of blogging about work but, when that is the thing that occupies most of our waking time, what else have we? I suppose that is why, when we meet somebody for the first time, we ask, "so, what do you do for a living?" It used to toast Cha Cha's sandwiches when people would ask me what I did for a living and they would not ask her. She was right; in these times why, when everybody seems to have to work, why do the men always get asked what they do for a living and the women seldom do? Is it just sexist tradition from back when most women stayed home running the house and taking care of the family? The most important jobs of all!
The actual letter that assumes me a moron

Tomorrow is my one day off this week. See, I am talking about work. Actually, now that I blog about it, I am talking about the one day that I am not working. See, I am making strides for all womankind!

We got some interesting mail yesterday. We received a letter (addressed from Schaumburg, IL) from a Toyota dealer here in Dekalb. How does that work? I usually throw most pieces of junk mail away without even opening them; in the recycling bin, of course. I am at the point that I even throw away every catalog that comes in. With the internet why do we need to continue killing so many trees? If I want to buy something I know where to find it! Anyway, it said something about buying our Fiat. We bought the Fiat in Schaumburg and we bought our Toyota 4Runner here in Dekalb so I was intrigued. I knew, even without reading it, that it benefits somebody else much more than it benefits us - no MATTer what they try to tell me. It looks like an internal memo that they mailed to us - complete with a yellow Post-It note with printed words to make it look like it was hand-written. They want to give us $11,421 for the Fiat even though, the memo states, it's only worth $9,910. They want it so badly that we had better act by September 30th "before the value drops." I have rarely seen internal memos that include the registered trademark symbol and disclaimers at the bottom. And, then there is an advertisement for the 2014 Camry. Aren't the 2015's or maybe even the 2016's already out? They are trying to rip us off by stealing our car to sell their overstock so they can make room for the new cars. I am just basing all of this on my suspicious nature but I would bet my useless testicles that I am correct.

I should go get my little notebook where I write things that come into my mind. I know I wrote a couple of things in there last night but I don't remember if they are intended for Dirty Laundry Podcast, Matt In The Middle or just invention ideas or reminders to pay bills or sell cars to shysters. Why is it spelled "shyster" when it is from the German word "sheisser" which means "one that defecates." Yes, you guessed it, sheisse is shit! Shouldn't it me sheisster?

Okay, one of the notes would be good for here. Last night I was sitting at a light that had just turned green and I realized that I am a cross walk profiler. I can usually tell, simply by looking at people, how they will walk across the street. I am not talking about their strides but, rather, their paces. Many of these youngsters these days (that was written in my old, shaky man voice) do not care about anybody but themselves. I can come up to a stale green light and people will just walk like turtles. They are technically jaywalking and they have the nerve to look at me with the F-U face. I am one of those guys who will pick up my pace to get out of your way. I am more concerned with strangers than I am with myself; I am starting to believe that maybe I am the dumb one. I don't blare my music at full volume in a crowded elevator unless I have earbuds in my ear holes. I hold the door for people - no MATTer of gender or age or ethnic make-up. I am officially a crotchety old man. I suppose that began three days ago.

I am going to go do some laundry. Thank you for coming by and, of course, for listening to the podcast. We will be recording another new show tomorrow night. I am always in a better mood on Wednesday nights even if there is only one day-off following it. Have a great night. TTTT...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment