Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I have to give a big thank-you to the young lady at Walmart. I do not usually shop at Walmart for many philosophical reasons but we had bought Fabio some pants for work there because he is tall and slender and Walmart seems to cater to pretty much every body size and shape. We got the incorrect size; he was even skinnier than we thought. I did not have the receipt but they were kind enough to exchanged them. The girl (I do not mean that in a demeaning way but, at my age, there are more girls than women these days) asked to see my ID. I pulled out my driver's license and handed it to her. She asked, "do you have a CURRENT ID?" I asked, "what?" She responded that my license expired in 2013. She handed it to me and, sure enough, it had expired September 14, 2013. She was kind enough to accept my FOID card and my work IDs and exchanged the pants. I went directly to the DMV and got a new license. The lady (not a girl) there said that if I had waited two more weeks I would have had to have taken the driving test... I am fairly certain I would have passed but I suppose that costs more (this was only $30). My birthday is in 12 days and, at that point, I would have been driving illegally for a full year. I have driven out of state and averaged driving over 100 miles per night. I have shown my ID many times to many people over the year. I have been driving state vehicles (allegedly) that entire time. I even bought another car and bought plates and had the title transferred. I have to have my license on file at work and you'd think they would have asked for a new license. There have been a lot of balls dropped over the past year (mine too it seems). I am not sure if I should even say anything at work. I do not think I will.

Don't you hate when you plug your laptop or your cells phone... in to charge and then you go to use that devise and it sends you a message that you need to plug it in only to find out that one of the ends of the cords wasn't plugged-in properly? So, now I am writing this on a leash.
Thank goodness my phone isn't this large (TWSS)

I have a phone application (app) that I just love. Soon it will be useless for several months (kind of an APP that takes a winter vacation) but, for now, it is my favorite APP. It turns my cell phone into a transistor radio from back in the day of sorts. As many know, I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals' fan. Incidentally, If you are not a baseball fan you may just want to skip to the next paragraph. You are welcome to read this paragraph if you wish, however. The APP is called At Bat. It allows you to listen to the live local hometown radio feeds of any game going on in Major League Baseball. Better yet, it is a free APP. If they ever decide to charge for this APP I will keep it. I am currently listening to the KMOX feed of the Cardinals/Pirates game. It just makes it even more nostalgic when I walk around with my cell phone in my breast pocket and a hometown baseball game is being broadcast from my boobie.I have heard Milo Hamilton broadcast Astros games on KBME, Jim "Catfish" Hunter doing Orioles games on WBAL, Vin Scully and Rick Monday broadcasting Dodgers games on KLAC, Bob Uecker doing Brewers games on WTMJ... I love it. My faves, of course, are: Mike Shannon, John Rooney, Al "The Mad Hungarian" Hrabosky broadcast the Redbirds though. Maybe it combines my love of broadcasting with my love of baseball? I even like the commercials; they keep the local commercials in. I hate those feeds that just have dead-air during the commercials. You aren't sure if you've lost the signal or what. This will be really cool the next baseball trip I take. Every Major League Baseball broadcast is available. Even Toronto surprising. I don't know why that surprises me but it does. I have loved broadcasting and baseball since the day I was born so this APP was made just for me. I miss Foster Brooks' Harry Caray's broadcasts

Speaking of broadcasting - have you listened to the new Load of Dirty Laundry Podcast? It is also free! We moved up 3,856 spots in our ranking yesterday; odd how having a new show after a month will do that.

I am almost done bitching about work for awhile. Tonight, normally my Friday, is the second to last day of no nights off. Eight hours tonight and five hours tomorrow night and I get one day off to launch me back into "regular" schedule. As long as working overnights is considered "regular." The next round of overtime, depending on the assignment and when it occurs, may not include me volunteering. Some things we are forced to work. I am one of two people who have Thursdays off (the other person is below me in seniority so she would be forced if I didn't sign-up) on Fridays (the other person off is above me so I may as well sign up and look like a team player rather than get "forced" to work). I just looked at the schedule and there are no more home football games scheduled on Thursdays or Fridays this season - yessssssssss! I do like having the COMP hours off though. I am not sure if I just like to bitch more, however. Politics are abound in every walk of life aren't they?

Cards and Pirates are still scoreless in the 5th. At the point of this writing the Cardinals lead the National League Central by two games - finally and hopefully permanently.Go Cubs (don't get used to that).

I am gonna scoot. It is 1406 already and I will be trying to sleep in about three hours. I love baseball day games. Even more so that I work nights. Thanks a lot for slowing down to stop here for a few minutes. Have a great rest of your day and night. I will probably blog again tomorrow. TTTT (97%)...MITM (out at the plate on a close call) Seeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment