Saturday, September 6, 2014

I am Nueva Cinco!

Why is it in poor taste to bad-mouth the dead? If someone is a bitch or an a-hole or a miserable decroded piece of crap in life why do we have to forgive them when they die? I bet this rule or tradition when a loved-one of a jerk died. I suppose it is nice to keep your bad feelings to yourself for the sake of surviving friends and family. I am a hypocrite all the time. Hypocrisy is kind of essential if you do not want to go through life completely alone. The word hypocrisy comes from the Greek word hypokrisis which means "play-acting", "acting out"... Most of my hypocrisy is to spare people's feelings. Maybe that is cowardly but I'd rather be a coward than an a-hole; is that hypocritical? Does it has something to do with Hippocrates? That would make sense since doctors play-act all the time. Hmmmm... Yes, so as not be totally hypocritical I will tell you that I thought Joan Rivers was an unfunny, crabby, old bat. Even when she was young I thought of her as an old bat. It could very well have just been an act but, based on the things she acted in, I don't feel she was that good of an actress. Being mean to people on purpose is not funny. It is weird that we played a clip of her on our most recent Dirty Laundry Podcast.Maybe it is hypocritical of me to blast her and then use her to promote the podcast - consider it an homage. To continue my hypocrisy - GO CUBS! (they are playing the Pirates).

I wrote that last paragraph yesterday and it would be cowardly and hypocritical (though probably wise) to delete it. Maybe nobody reads blogs on Saturdays, huh?
I am the other 98%

I am being told, through instant messaging, that I may have to work both next Thursday and Friday (my Saturday and Sunday). I texted back that if it comes to that I may play the seniority card and force one of the people below me to work one of those two days. I must have the word sucker written all over my face. I think it is because I am a team player and usually do whatever it takes. I am getting tired of being a team player. I may have to be an Ocho Cinco. I will be more of a Nueva Cicno I suppose. That is like Ocho to the next step. I have had two days off in the last month and now I am going to have to miss another complete weekend? I work to live; I do not live to work. I need to find a job that isn't a public safety job where they can "force me" to work to serve and protect the public. I wish print wasn't dying because I may consider being a librarian. I am really good with the Dewey Decimal System. I am even considering contacting Hamburger U (University). I am dog tired most of the time this past month; I am at a crossroad. At my age I never thought I would be making stupid decisions like this; the human life-span/expectancy increasing doesn't seem too appealing to me. Times were much simpler when we died in our 30s! I am just worn-out and just trying to figure out which way to go wabbit, which way to go. I should probably not write about my works so much but that is what we do most of our waking hours isn't if? Now I have the song Convoy stuck in my head - "so we crashed the gate doin' 98 saying let them truckers roll 10-4."

Now I have written two paragraphs yesterday (it is 2341 right now).

The weather outside in my part of the MIDDLEwest is beautiful. It is almost noon and it is only 66 degrees. When I go in to work tonight it is supposed to be around 58 degrees; I think I may wear my jacket. I love when I can wear my jacket; it is like the Swiss Army Knife of jackets with pockets and zippers and snaps... I feel like Captain Kangaroo when I am wearing it.

I have a day to get to as I seem to have so few of them lately. Enjoy your weekend. Thank you for stopping by. We will probably record the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast tomorrow too. I will try to have it up by Monday. Enjoy the nice weather in the MIDDLE of America today. TTTM (Mondayish)...MITM off

No comments:

Post a Comment