Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Big Changes A'Comin!

I said I would blog today so, even though I don't really have any idea what I am going to write, here I am.

I am going to try not to talk about work today. Since my job was all that I have been doing for the last two-three weeks that is all I have been blogging about. I will just say that I did not sign-up to work the overtime this Thursday night. The posting has not been made for who is working but, since we are Union and there are people below me on seniority with Thursdays off, I will not be listed. If I am for listed, some strange reason, I will get out of it with the help of M.A.P.. I wish my Union was M.A.T. so I could feel like everything is about me. I need to get a life again. The podcast will help with that.

We have not been able to record the new Dirty Laundry Podcast yet. We will get it done tomorrow and I will have it up Thursday or Friday. Next week we are going to have the guy over to help us configure the new microphone/mixing board set-up. I have also got a request in for a quote to help us also get into the world of adding video to the podcast and getting on Funny or Die and/or YouTube... It is pretty exciting - potentially. The ideas were sparked when we had Eric Peter Schwartz on the show (load #159).
I think I learn something from every person I speak with every time I speak with them. I have lots to learn so that makes it easier.

I just ordered Chipotle for pick-up. I don't feel like cooking today. Yesterday I barbecued chicken on the grill. We also had salad and pasta with basil pesto. We haven't had Chipotle for quite some time. It's just as close to home cooking as you can get other than nobody lives there so it isn't home cooking.
Soon this entire picture will be covered in white

I am hearing a lot of talk that this is going to be another harsh winter here in the MIDDLEwest. Why do we need to know that in advance? So we can buy plows and get new snow blowers and our shovels? There is really nothing we can do about the weather and, if we hated it that much, we'd move I suppose. I do often wonder why my ancestors decided to settle in this part of the country. I am guessing that, when they made that decision, it was in spring or fall. Back in the day when people were headed West almost everyone grew their own fruits and vegetables and raised animals for food and convenience. So, I suppose if you came here when it wasn't winter Illinois would be pretty enticing. This town is still known world-wide for corn. That just made me think of the corn salsa I ordered and have to pick-up in 25 minutes (I made the pick-up time for 16000. That will give me plenty of time to get the food, eat and then sleep before going to that place that I'm not going to blog about anymore today.

The food will be ready in fourteen minutes so I had better get going. Thank you for stopping by; I always appreciate you. I will probably blog tomorrow. I hope nothing exciting happens tonight at that place I go more often than anywhere else because I don't feel like blogging in hieroglyphics anymore but I am pretty sure most people don't want to read about my woes at the place that shall not be mentioned. TTTT most probably)...MITM (out). All I am is dust in the Dust Bowl wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment