Thursday, September 25, 2014

Throwback Blogday

A lot of changes in baseball have been good (Jackie Robinson / Ebbet's Field)
I am tired. I am not sure if I am bone tired or dog tired but, I am very tired. Maybe that is one bad thing about having two days off; when you only have one day off a week you don't have time to get tired because you are too tired to be tired. Last night I even dreamt. I very rarely remember dreams. How come spell-check doesn't think that dreamt is a word? So, not only does spell-check dumb us down by allowing us not to know how to spell, it also doesn't know when we use words that do exist. I think spell-check is run by ISIS or Al Qaeda or his sister Dorothy Qaeda. So, I have tonight off too (I used a vacation day to take last night off). Then, tomorrow, it is another overtime day. Seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul using a vacation day to take a vacation day and then working to earn another vacation day. It is the hamster wheel that "the woman" (or "the man" if you're sexist) keeps us walking.

Last night I used a vacation day (night) to go see the final game in Wrigley Field as we have known it since Babe Ruth played there. I am kind of happy that the Cubs won. I am a huge Cardinal's fan but, since the Pirates lost, it isn't that bad that the Cards lost too. I love history and it is sweet that the Cubs won the last time Wrigley Field isn't Jumbo-tron'd like the rest of the league. I have mixed feelings about the changing of Wrigley. I love the fact that, once you get inside and away from the Taco Bell and McDonald's right outside the gate, you are taken back to the early 1900's. I understand that the past always has to eventually give way to the present that becomes the future but, it is kind of sad. I was happy that my son and I could experience it one last time. I also think it kinda sucks that the people across the street, just past a long home run, get to charge people to watch the games. I guess it isn't much different than people watching the game between the bars of the fence back in the day. On the flip-side, I do watching instant replay and such on the huge televisions in the other ballparks. I have been to lots of upgraded MLB parks (Houston, Arlington, Baltimore, St. Louis, Cleveland, U.S. Cellular (Chicago), Toronto, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Washington...) and I enjoy all of the amenities and comforts but there was something cool about going to Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium and Wrigley Field. It is ironic, in a way, that they tear down the old parks and build new ones to look like the old parks (Baltimore really comes to mind). On another baseball history note - tonight is supposed to be Derek Jeter's final game at Yankee Stadium. However, there is 100% chance of rain there tonight and the Yankees are not in contention for the post season so the game may be canceled and his last at bat may have been last night's check-swing ground-out to first base. History can be so very fickle.

We were surrounded by people from Australia at the game last night. It was fun listening to them talk about the game and how our money is so different than there's... The little girl behind me mentioned that in Australia her pockets are always so heavy with the coins. I wish I had thought about it last night but, I have lots of money from around the world just because I think the money is cool, I should have asked them to swap me some of their Australian money for some of my American money.

I think we are going to record the new Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight. It really depends on Cha Cha. She is working on a huge project for her work and it is due tomorrow. The paying gigs have to take priority over our hobby. A hobby that just happens to entertain the entire world. You're welcome world!

Have a great night; I hope everything is good in your life. I am fairly certain I will be able to blog again tomorrow. Thank you a lot for being here. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment