Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Son of Mars Coup Ferret

I have always loved Milles Bornes
I drove all night last night in yet another blizzard. It wasn't until I was on the way home that I figured out why driving in the snow is so terrible. It's the other drivers. During the night there were very few people on the roads and everything went great. On the way home from work, while everybody else was on the way TO work, there were several close calls. People fish-tailing into other lanes, switching lanes without seeing other cars in the new lane... I love being the Omega Man at night.

While I was at the store yesterday I got a new deodorant; Old Spice MATTerhorn. It didn't smell any worse or better than any of the others but, it had my name in it so, I guess I would say that it called my name. If i like it I may change my name to Horn, Matt R. Horn.

Wow, this blog is off to a great start - driving and deodorant... BORRRRRINNNNNGGGG!

People are making a big deal out a woman, Suzanne Basso, set to be executed tonight for torturing and killing a mentally impaired man in Texas 15 years ago. What is the big deal? I mean the death penalty is a big deal I guess but, what difference is it whether it is a woman or a man? She will be only the 14th woman executed since 1976. In that same time there have been nearly 1400 men executed. She was sentenced to death in 1988. What the Hell is the hold-up? If the Supreme Court decided that the death penalty is okay and the state of Texas (by far the most fond of this decision) decided this woman should die why wasn't it done 14 years ago. One year is long enough for appeals and the other bologna. She tortured and murdered this man and made herself the beneficiary of his insurance policies and Social Security benefits. Boy, that's not gonna put a big red X on you when they find his body washed with bleach and scoured with a wire brush in a ditch.The autopsy found several broken bones, including a fractured skull and 14 broken ribs, his back covered was in cigarette burns and bruises covering his entire body. I have mixed feelings about the death penalty - that's why I am Matt In The Middle huh? I usually do try to see both sides of everything. And, why do we let them choose what their last meal will be? And, why do we care what they choose? That has always been weird to me.

Why does Sundance have commercials? Either you are saying: "They have commercials?" or, "Yeah, why do they have commercials?" or, you are Googling Sundance."
This one really cracked Fabio up!

I just completed my first professional voice-over work. I don't think I have that great of a voice but, if you get your voice out there someone may listen to your podcast and it may lead to something. I had always hoped that Dirty Laundry Podcast would grow and maybe this is that first little bit of green that pops up from the soil that will lead to a beanstalk? We'll see if they actually use it. Maybe I could do cartoon voices one of these days? I will, most likely, just stay being a podcasting schlub.

Today is Splenda's 22nd birthday and two week's ago Fabio became 17th. Weird that our kids were born exactly two weeks apart and, if I am doing the math correctly, that is almost exactly (is that an oxymoron?) nine months after our wedding anniversary. I am not sure what that means but, I have a theory or two (one 17 and one 22). Fabio isn't home from school yet but, we just got his specially-ordered Nike's in the mail. He got size 11 1/2 (so I cannot even put on enough pairs of socks to even make them fit) Nike Son of Mars shoes. One of the shoes says "son of" and had a little Brooklyn bridge badge on the laces and the other one has a tiny face of Mars Blackmon (Spike Lee) and says "Mars." Fabio loves Jordan, duh. I went on Youtube and showed him some of the Nike commercials from back in the day with Mars (Spike Lee) and M.J. (Michael Jordan). He had never seen them before and he thought they were just as funny as we all did when they were originally aired. I had forgotten how great those spots were. He did say, "that's the dude who is at all of the Knicks games." Funny that is how Spike Lee is known now. He made some really great films! Weird that I had that red X up there - almost like the blog knows where I am going before I do.

Gotta get my sleep before my Friday morning shift starts in five hours. Three to four hours of sleep makes a big difference. Thanks a lot for being here; I really appreciate YOU! The podcast is coming - I promise. I have a new "commercial" that needs to get recorded. I may do it myself now that I am a voice-over actor. It sounds like "The Bigwigs From Upstairs" want to record it though. Have a great night - stay warm if you are in the MIDDLEof the U S and A. TTTT...MITM (from down town!) Say that last part with your inside-your-head-voice like Marv Albert.TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment