Monday, February 24, 2014

Don't Cross the Streams

I cannot believe Harold Ramis died.  He died from complications from auto-immune inflammatory vasculitis. I am not sure what that is but, I guess it kills you. The word "complictions" is never good. He brought us some of the best comedy of my life-time: SCTV, Stripes, Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, Meatballs, Back To School, Animal House... They weren't all cinematic masterpieces but they were the films that I could quote every line from while I was in college. They were cinema gold to me. He died in his home in the Chicago area; I thought he was Canadian for some reason. Maybe it was the SCTV connection? He always had that smart-ass smirk on his face. Every time I saw him I smiled. I wonder what this will do to Ghostbusters 3? If it does come out and it was filmed while he was still alive I will probably watch it. But, a Ghostbusters film without Dr. Egon Spengler is pointless. Sometimes we take people for granted in our busy lives. I wish that could change but, it will not.

Another 95 downloads from the same country that seems to have Dirty Laundry Podcast Fever and now they have downloaded the show 417 times in the past four days. I hope it never stops!

The Olympics are over? I didn't get to watch even one second of anything. It's a joke now that professionals can compete. I suppose it kind of levels the playing field from the days when the Soviet countries had athletes that did their sports for a living. I call that professional but they were allowed to compete against our college athletes. That's why The Miracle On Ice was so awesome. Now I could not care less about The Olympics. Why do some people say "I could care less?"

It used to take me about 20 minutes to write this blog. Now it seems to take me about 20 hours.

I don't know if it was yesterday or the day before when I talked about the movie 42. Now I am watching Glory. I have always loved this film too. You cannot go wrong with Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington and Matt Broderick. Did I forget to mention that Cliff De Young is in this film too? Yes, THE Cliff De Young! Yep, another history-based film that I love. I saw a bit of the film The Butler the other night/day (I am leaving off the writer's name that is in the actual title - that makes it sound like one of those old TV mini-series too me). Of the ten or fifteen minutes I have seen it looks really good. I may even deal with Oprah being in it to watch this one.

All this talk of movies has made me realize that The Academy Awards are in six days. We haven't even done our predictions for the awards yet. We are gonna have to record the new podcast Thursday so we can get it up by Sunday so that you will know that when none of my predictions are correct it is not an act; I really am this stupid. Don't worry, I have never had problem getting it up under pressure.

I am hungry. I think it is my head and not my stomach that is hungry though. I am cooking some peas right now. So far today I have had a Weight Watchers turkey Canadian (not where Harold Ramis is from) bacon egg muffin thingy, some cole slaw, an apple and a banana. The peas are done so I will be right back after I doctor them up with dill, pepper and celery salt. Ha, Canadian Bacon starred John Candy (who was supposed to be in Ghostbusters but he died and was in SCTV) and Jim Belushi (who was the brother of that guy in Animal House) - weird!


I cannot believe it's hump-day already. I think this coming weekend is the weekend we are heading down to Southern Illinois to see Splenda again. I hope I get my days-off approved by then. I am not sure if my Sgt. is back tonight or tomorrow night but, it has never been an issue in the past. I miss very little work due to illness... so I always get the days off that I request. I do feel a little something coming-on though cough cough sneeze sneeze. It would be a shame if I were sick Saturday and Sunday. Man, maybe we need to record the podcast tomorrow so I can get it edited in time. That's why I have a blog - it forces me to think. I knew there was a reason.

I have expelled too much brain power and I am spent. Thanks a lot for stopping-in. Keep downloading the podcast country that starts with a V that has loaded Dirty Laundry about 100 times per day for the last four days. I am sure I will blog again tomorrow; I always have a lot on my mind fingers and don't know how to shut it off. Have a great rest of whatever part of your day you have left. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment