Saturday, February 8, 2014

Quesy is a Funny Word

Last night I went out with a couple of great friends. I don't drink much anymore. There was a time when I did but, I got it all out of my system as a yute. Now I remember the things I liked and disliked about those days. I like that everything seems so clear at one point; all problems in the world seem to have a solution and, I know them all. There is a time after that, however, that things become a lot less clear. I never got to the point where I would consider myself impaired last night. This morning I feel a bit queasy in the stomach though.

Just as I finished that last sentence I was asked if I wanted to go to Fatty's for lunch. That is where we started the evening yesterday at 15:30. Our niece Emily is in town and Cha Cha was gonna meet her for lunch so, of course, I went. I drank hot tea and water. My head is still a bit foggy and there is that high-pitched squeal in there. I feel really weird. Not the kind of weird that I usually am but, stomach and fog and head weird. Do you suppose somebody slipped me a roofy? Is that how you spell roofy? I think roofies actually knock you out though don't they? How come roofies aren't called Mickey's anymore and, who in the Hell was Mickey Finn?
Hinky Dink Henna and Bathhouse Coughlin

I always spark my own curiosity; that's what the simple-minded do. It's the same way a dog can play with a smelly sock for hours. Michael "Mickey" Finn was the manager and bartender of a Chicago place called The Lone Star Saloon and Palm Garden Restaurant. The place operated from 1896 to 1903. He was thought to have put knock-out drops (chloral hydrate) in drinks to rob customers while they were out. After reading about him I think that would be a great movie. He hung out with other crooks named Hinky Dink Henna and Bathhouse Coughlin; we just don't have names like this anymore. We don't even have names like: slim or stretch or stinky or smiley or Swede... why did all of the names that came to mind first all start with "S?"

I just saw that Emo Philips "favorited" one of my tweets. I like that he is a friend of mine. He is a very nice guy. And, a comic genious. He writes some of the funniest jokes in all of comedy.

How come it is snowing again? I am sick of this Winter. Tonight I am on foot patrol which makes no here nor there to me but, I chose Saturdays as my walking nights. With my new nights off being Thursdays and Fridays I picked Saturdays as my night for foot patrol so that, if I didn't get enough sleep on my "weekend," I would have no chance of being slow and, in turn, getting tired. With foot patrol there is alwasy something to do. I still need to try to get sleep before work hough.

I got a text from somebody that read "This Me Cuddy." They sent it twice one right after another. I have no idea who it was from or what in the Hell it meant. Just a phone number appeared as the sender. If you sent me this please let me know who you are and what it means. I don't want to text back unless I know who it is.
Why is this chick trying to get ahold of me?

I had so much to do today and I have got nothing done. Damn you Mickey Finn and your evil ways. I have to get the podcast edited and I need to finish Fabio's Fab Cave (that is my name for it that I just made up right now - don't tell him about that please). Thank you, as always, for spending a few minutes here. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend. I think I am going to lie down. I hope the Olympics are on - guaranteed to help me sleep. I will probably not blog again tomorrow because of the aforementioned todo list. TTTMonday (your Monday that is)...MITM (trying not to puke or be dizzy) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment