Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Find a Blog, Pick It Up...

Sorry, I didn't get to blog yesterday. Editing Dirty Laundry Podcast was more involved than usual. It had something to do with getting a file from show number #91; the worst rendition of Baby, It's Cold Outside in the history of sound. The show is up and you can listen at that link or, as always, free on iTunes or, as is on my newish phone iPP Podcasts. I am sure there are many places you can find it just search "Dirty Laundry Podcast." It is already time to record a new show.

I am sure you remember me blogging about the headlights going out on two of our vehicles at the same time. I bought the bulb from NAPA last week and they had to get it from Minneapolis. They took my number and said they would call me when it arrived. Well, it had been aover a week and no call. I could have walked here from Minneapolis in a week. So, I called them and, it was there. Usually I am one to, at the very least, try to find out what the big hold-up was. I would also make a snarky comment or inquire as to why they didn't call me to tell me it was in. Maybe it's because I pre-paid for the thing that they didn't call. I did not say a word. I just thanked the kid and went out into their parking lot and changed-out the bulb. It worked and all is right in the world again.

After I changed the bulb I saw a penny on the ground. I am not sure why but I have always heard that if you find a penny it's supposed to be good luck. "Find a penny, pick it up all day long you'll have good luck." I guess it is lucky that you have more money than you had before. It was tails. There is also talks that pennies are lucky when they are heads-up. I didn't play into any of that. I picked it up and I will let you know how that goes. On the way home I stopped at Walgreens because I needed a couple of those pocket-sized ruled notebooks. I needed one for work and one for podcast and blog notes. I have notes all over the place. I picture my notes to rival those of Albert Einstein's. Not in quality but certainly in quantity. While I was standing in line waiting to pay for my two notebooks the old codger in front of me took out his wallet and out dropped a penny to the floor. He didn't see it fall. I reached down and picked up the penny (yes, it was tails). I had a moment of thought... do I keep it because it seems like it is Pennies From Heaven day for me or, do I give it back to the old timer? I gave it back to the man and he thanked me. Is this where the saying "heads up" comes from when something is about to hit you? Shouldn't that saying be "heads down?" Heads up would only increase your chances of getting hit wouldn't it? Seems to me tails-up would be luckier for many reasons.

I should have worn shorts when I went up town. What's the difference between going up-town and going down-town? Is Down-town just a basketball term these days? It's like summer outside. It's 19 degrees ABOVE zero out there. Within the next week it is supposed to get UP to freezing. I cannot remember how long it has been since it has been near 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

Remember last week I talked about that coyote or wolf or whatever beast that was that crossed my path in the MIDDLE of the night? Well, another wild animal crossed my path Monday night. A fox (very clearly a fox) ran from north to south stopping to look at me. A few moments later he ran south to north with something in his mouth. I grabbed my flashlight and shined it on him and he looked over. I could see that he had caught a rabbit in less than two minutes. I think he was taking it home to his family for dinner. Why else would he not have just eaten it right away rather than chancing crossing my path again?

I told you he was "my boy" but you doubted
Happy 205th birthday to my boy Abe Lincoln! He didn't look much older that 56. Hey, Lincoln is on the penny and I found two pennies on his birthday with his head down. Weird? Or is that just my mind entertaining itself again?

Shirley Temple and now Sid Caesar? They both seemed like very nice people. Are they the completion of the Phillip Seymour Hoffman (also seemed very nice)? I can never keep track which three celebrities will be linked for eternity because they died within the same group of three. It's about as stupid as which side a penny drops to the ground whether it is lucky or not. We have so many superstitions. Do you suppose it's just a way to keep our minds occupied? Like blogging or podcasting?

I hate this computer so I am going to quit typing on it for today. I have several computers yet I use the one that I feud with all of the time to write this blog most of the time. So much for the lucky pennies. Maybe heads would have been better after all? Thanks a  lot for being here. I hope you enjoy the podcast; there should be another one up in a couple of days too so we can get back on track. Tomorrow night, my Saturday, we are going out for V.D.. We will be at Cooper's Hawk in Naperville if you are looking to assassinate me. I am not one to turn from fate - if it is meant to be it is meant to be. Have a great night. I will probably blog tomorrow - I always seem to have more energy on Thursdays and Fridays (funny how weekends do that to us huh?) TTTT...MITM (ghost) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment