Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day Eve

So I got that goin' for me which is nice
What does someone who lives the the MIDDLEwest do in the MIDDLE (end of the middle really) of the winter when it gets all the way up to 26 degrees? He washes the car - duh. I am taking my best girl of 32 years out for Valentine's Day tonight and being seen with me is punishment enough; she may as well be in a clean car. We are going to Cooper's Hawk in Naperville. It is right up her alley. They have wine tastings and the menu pairs food items with wine selections. I know it's all a ploy to get the tab a bit higher but, as Americans, we know that is pretty much what everything is in our country...trying to up the price. I may have to go with bloody marys - what seems very Valentiney! I bet we'll talk about it on Dirty Laundry Podcast when we record the new one in a day or two; especially since there is Cha Cha's Whining to do. I think we're gonna see a movie too; probably The Monuments Men. How can you go wrong with Gerorge Cooney, Matt Damon (Matt News?), Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray and John Goodman? Not to mention Nick Clooney (Rosemary Clooney's brother). This is the dude that got George to be on The Facts of Life which led to him being on Rosanne where he met John Goodman which led to The Monuments Men. Without Nick Clooney - no movie to watch tonight. I guess George was on E/R before Facts of Life huh? Never mind. I think we'll see the 21:15 show at the Randall Goodrich 16 Theater. It's at Hollywood Palms at 21:00 too. The last time we were there to see,  American Hustle they were packed though. But, this is Thursday for most people and, tomorrow is the real Valentine's Day so, they may not be too busy. Thirsty Thursday may lead us to The Palms.

So many decisions in life. Do I check out the menu on line and be prepared or, do I just wait and decide at the restaurant? Is part of the excitement - the chase/hunt (deciding)? Is it all about the capture (ordering)?

If you haven't listened to the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast it is ready. 179 people have already downloaded it in the last two days. They're gonna be talking about it and, if you haven't listened yet, you're gonna be an outcast. Don't be an outcast - listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast.

Man, I am happy that I am off the next couple of days. I like my job a lot but, some of the people I work with work harder trying to get out of work than they would if they just did the work. I know people in your life aren't that way. Why can't people just do what they are supposed to do? I guess it makes the rest of us look better but, what good comes of that? We are Union (M.A.P.) so, there cannot be any extra compensation.

I have a movie that I have never heard of as background noise but, it is becoming foreground noise. It is pretty good. It is called The Place Beyond the Pines. It starts Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendez - all pretty good actors so, I am surprised that I had never heard of It before. There are so many films and television shows... that I guess it would be difficult to have heard of every one of them huh? Ray Liotta just showed-up for the first time after an hour into the film; I bet the movie is gonna change directions right about here.

I have to start getting ready. I will probably blog again tomorrow. Just in case, I hope you have a great Valentine's Day. I appreciate you very much. Maybe that makes you my Valentine too. I know that was sappy but, isn't that what Valentine's Day Eve is all about? TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment