Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Perilous Invention of Blogging

It is 14:25 and I have accomplished quite a bit today. I went over to my work with my FMLA papers because corporate had not received them. The H.R. people faxed them to Minnesota for me and I have proof that so that is done. I have to go back to see if I need surgery or whatever on Thursday. I know the Achilles hasn't magically fixed itself as it still protrudes from the back of my foot/ankle. After that I came home and watered the outside flowers. Then I vacuumed the entire first floor of the house and then I mopped all of the hardwood and linoleum or whatever it is that we have in the kitchen and in the Tiki Room. I have more to do but I am waiting for the Dyson vacuum to recharge so I can finish getting all of the dog hair vacuumed-up. Waiting for things to charge is a good time to write.

Last night I watched George Harrison's movie George Harrison: Living in the Material World. I always felt that I had most in common with Ringo because he was a drummer and I was a drummer but I now think that I have more in common with what George was all about. He became a Buddhist though his journey with meditation and Cha Cha and I got to the Buddhist temple in Woodstock on Saturdays and meditate... Harrison went much farther that I will ever be able to day; having Beatles and solo career money made it much more convenient for him. Meditation really does recharge me and I do it from time-to-time at home when I am stressed or want to fall asleep. There are even some really good Pandora meditation stations that I will listen to when I need to chill. I am still thinking about finally getting into the pot-smoking deal that all of the cool kids are doing. He, and most of the other Beatles, was/were doing LSD and many other psychotropic drugs. I have an addictive personality by nature so I will probably stay away from that stuff.

After watching the Harrison show I was still wide-awake so I watched another movie that I had seen before. I think it is brilliant, mainly because I know quite a bit about Ricky Gervais and his The Invention of Lying is simply him telling people about his religious (anti-religious, more correctly) beliefs. It is a comedy about a society where nobody ever lies - there is no such thing as lying until one man discovers lying and then the world is his oyster with quite a lot of sand in the oysters along the way. There are a lot of big stars in this movie.

There is a chipmunk that keeps running past the patio window and going down by the standpipe for the basement sump pump. I am assuming that he/she is storing food down there in our crawlspace to prepare for cooler months. I try never to hurt any living being because that is the way I have always been so I will deal with the mess that he/she makes in our crawlspace when the nicer weather rolls-around after winter. I suppose the only exceptions to that rule would be squishing a mosquito by reflex or if I, or someone near were would suffer peril if I didn't act accordingly. Peril is a word I don't ever use; I think I will have to start using that word again.

I have the dishwasher going now. I used to wait until we had a lot of things in the dishwasher before I ran it but with only two of us in the house we would have stinky dishes in there for a week if I waited these days. It's much easier to put them away when they're done now too. It seems like with the the Sun Basket meals I use the same pans, plates, measuring devises, utensils... each night so I put them in the dishwasher and get them out the next night when I am preparing that night's dinner. Last night we had spicy jerk chicken with gingered-stone fruit slaw. It was fantastic Greg M.. I hope you can handle all of the paparazzi you're going to get from being mentioned in my blog. I can have my security detail help you out if it gets too much for you. Tonight we're having Thai-style salmon with peach-cabbage slaw.

I have a few more house chores to get done and it takes me longer with the heel issue and all so I am gonna call it a warp for today. As always, I thank you  for stopping by and giving me something to do while having a wheel in the shop. I will find out Thursday whether or not I will need surgery. Since I have seen or felt no relief I am guessing there will something else that will need to be done. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment