Saturday, July 7, 2018

Let the Fake Ads Begin!

Happy Saturday. I have had a pretty good weekend and have gotten a lot of things done that have needed to be done. I am sure I will do many more things today though my main goal is to relax and get physically and mentally prepared for my three-day work week. (poor me huh?).

When I looked at yesterdays blog I got perturbed about the ads that are placed on the blog. I do not put them there and, in all actuality, I wish they were not there. I think they are put there by a company called Ad Sense. I guess they are there rather than me having to pay to post the blogs and they are just a miserable distraction to me and maybe to you? In life, actually, I have learned to ignore ads or use the time when they appear on television to go to the bathroom or the refrigerator. I wish, if that is the fact, I could choose the ads that are on the site so they would align with things I think are worth having there for me and for you. Almost all the APPS that we have on our phones give you a choice of having the free version with ads or paying for an ad-free site. I do that with some things like my Pandora and a few other sites. I would rather pay for some (as I do) instead of being in a calmed state because of the music that I have chosen and then be blasted with a commercial that has nothing to do with anything in my life. Goggle Analytics gathers information about the content of websites and posts... and decides how they can place ads that targets the particular audience so they can make money on things like my blog that I may be completely opposed to. Suffice it to say they are predatory marketers in my mind. As you can see, I have added some phony ads to the blog today just to spite the real stuff that I do not want to see .I am going to do this every time I write now but, as I know me, I will forget to do it.
I slept-in today almost to 9:30. I did a lot of walking yesterday and I also drank a very large bottle of wine throughout the day and I took a sleeping pill before bed. My walking consisted mainly of walking almost two miles (1.8 miles to be precise) to pick up the FIAT when it was fixed and then mowing the lawn.

I finished watching the Netflix show The Staircase last night. I was drawn to it and would watch it while I was making dinner or cleaning the kitchen and, most often, just playing poker, chess and/or blackjack on my phone. The show is a real-life court drama about a man whose wife died, presumably, from falling down a set of stairs in their home. It wouldn't have been so suspicious if he hadn't had a VERY similar tragedy with a former wife years before when he lived in Germany. Adding further to the oddness is that he is a well-known mystery writer that I had never heard of before. I was not satisfied with the ending of the show because I saw, and still do see, all of the flaws in our judicial system. The show spanned over, at least a decade, with film crews following the key players. They called this "season one" but I am unaware if there is going to be a season two...

I don't think I have many things that I HAVE to do today. The four-day weekends really do make a difference in getting things done and then having, at least, one entire day to relax. Of course, there are always things that can be done but not as many that have to be done. Jill was on Evanston for three days so that further gave me time to stuff completed.

Okay, I am going to find something to do as it is already 11:55 and I have some slacking and relaxing to get to. I think Noah is coming over today. Maybe I will go over and get some Chipotle' for lunch today LOL. Thank you for stopping by and for reading the blog; proving that print is not dead. TTT (Wednesday at the latest).... MITM (out) riding off into the sunset! TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment