Sunday, July 22, 2018

From Evolution to the Grave (it just turned-out that way)

Did cavemen really wear wedding rings?
I am finally writing on my new computer. I am somewhat technically challenged when it comes to computers so it has been quite an experience thus far. I can hook-up any kind of sound system known to the English-speaking world but I have fallen back some on the computer stuff. Evolution is inevitable in just about everything and technology is probably one of the quickest changing areas these days. So, I have to install a bunch of my APPS that were on my previous computer (which I still have) but I have a few already and, as you may assume, Blogger and Facebook were my first two to get on this devise. I know, first world problem! I already like this computer so much more than the last one but this one will probably be obsolete by the time I get done writing today's blog.

My Achilles heel does not seem to be getting better thus far. I am staying off of my feet as much as possible and using the shoe inserts that podiatrist gave me but not much help. In addition the the heel still aching (even before I get out of bed in the morning) my big toe on the other foot is still bothering me too. With all of the sitting-around I have been doing I still have been able to shake seven pounds in the past week though. I am eating lots of salads and bananas and grapes and other berries (no dingleberries though). I am not a total herbivore as I do add some chicken and hard-boiled eggs to my salads on occasion. Jill and I went to Fatty's for lunch today and I had the Corncob Salad without the bacon. I took a bottle of Ditka's giardiniera with as my dressing. Jill also had a salad and she used the giardiniera too. The Cardinals game was on at the bar and the Cardinals looked pretty good but, by the time we got back home, the Cubs had gone ahead. We should not have left the bar - YOU NEVER MESS WITH A STREAK! Matt Carpenter didn't even homer in this game - I blame myself. I'll get over it when the Cards are in the Fall Classic. Not leaving a bar is probably always good advise no matter the situation. I do miss the wine though iced tea is a palpable substitute. That reminds me that I took a small bag of powder with me to the bar. It looked like a baggie of cocaine but it was only Splenda. Nobody said a word with the baggie of white powder in a clear plastic bag sitting on the table; one of the freedoms of living in a college town I suppose.
This stuff makes the iced tea much sweeter, man

I will probably mow the lawn tomorrow. I may do the front first and see how my wheels are feeling before I decide to do the backyard. The front yard is small but the backyard is kind of a forest preserve so, I may break the back up into smaller parcels. I can always hope for rain.  However, if I do end-up requiring surgery I will not be able to mow the lawn even if they give me one of those Darth Vader / Storm-trooper boots.

I do like this new computer. I got the last one from Methuselah and he lived longer than just about anybody. Supposedly, he lived to be 969 years. I have to believe there may have been a bit of exaggeration in The Holy Bible. We don't know who these 40 or so people who wrote the Bible really were. Maybe they were just looking for notoriety and rubles for speaking engagements. Did they really have a Fountain of Youth? Who in the Hell wants to live to be almost 1,000 years old? Can you imagine how much your bones would creek then! I don't even want to live to be 100. Maybe 80 -TOPS! You'd think that I would be religious being a Cardinals' fan. Maybe Padres' fans are more religious?

Hey, it's 18:27 and I would be home from work about now if I were able to work. Not one person from my work has sent me a message to see where I am. Maybe they're just reading the obituaries to see if I am dead. Speaking Blogging of being dead, I have completed my list of songs that I want played at my funeral. I am going to get the CD ready so it available at the time of my demise. I may even make extra copies for people to take home. What the heck are you supposed to do with those little memorial cards with pictures and a bunch of stuff about my dead corpse? I think a practical parting gift (like a party favor) would be much better that a picture of me when I was alive; I am not much to look at. I want you to think of me every time you hear one of those songs - let's be practical. I wonder if CD's will still be the musical genre of choice? Maybe I should just start a Pandora station with my death songs. That will have to be almost a game-time decision. I may have to leave that to someone who will be more techie when I have made the turn around that final corner.

Alright, I hear rumbling upstairs so I am going to call this a wrap. I think this was kind of a dark blog today but whatever runs from my melon to my fingers just seems to have to come out. If I censored myself I would be doing myself and you a disservice.  Thank you so much for coming by. I will try to live to blog again tomorrow (odds are pretty much in my favor I believe). Have a great rest of your weekend - TTTT...MITM (out) RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment