Monday, July 30, 2018

Blog From The Future (and the past)

Boot, I am your father!
Pre-script even though that would also be PS (post script) I suppose. I wrote the following paragraphs about three days ago and am just now getting around to sharing it. Read it fast because I will probably have a new blog later today and, hopefully, post it in the present.

13:46 and I'm on the air (ether). Just got back from my follow-up appointment with Dr. Neil Levin about my torn Achilles. It has not gotten better and now I am wearing a huge Darth Vader boot (as I assumed that I would be) on my still-ailing right wheel. I have to stay off work for at least two more weeks and then they will check me again. While I was there they also made plaster casts of both of my feet so they can make me some custom shoes. I feel like a Rockefeller or something with my custom-made kicks coming. They did not let me choose a style or color or anything so I have no idea what I will be getting into (literally). Now I am home even longer from work and I cannot mow the lawn or drive... until I get my new shoes. Right now I walk with a bit of a limp because the boot has much more of a base (height) than my regular shoes. I suppose I could wear my left boot from when I worked at the police department because they have some good/taller rubber heels on them. When I wear this boot I am going to jazz it up with some cool socks. I have a great pair of St. Louis Cardinals socks that I am going to wear when we go to the Buddhist temple on Saturday. We have to take our shoes off when we go for meditation; I wonder if a medical boot is permitted? I will just sit in the back row on a chair rather than sitting on a cushion on the floor up front. I will take my left shoe off. My hair is growing in pretty fast so I have some dark stubble but the monks usually have stubble so I will be just fine as the undercover monk. Last night, while I slept, I had the meditation music playing from Pandora. I have several Pandora meditation stations on my phone. I must say that they certainly do chillax me. (current time - did not go to the Temple).

Saturday, after meditation, we are heading down to Sandwich, Illinois for a memorial for my dear friend Delores "Ma" Meyer." (current time -I went alone and did not drive, allegedly). I have mentioned Ma here many times and I am sad that she is gone. Fortunately, Cha Cha and I got to visit with her at her home just before she passed. She was in great spirits and was just as full of piss and vinegar as she and I usually am/are. I was very happy to see her with such a great attitude and so resolute in her decision to die at home. I will think about her every time I write the blog and pretty much every other day when I do not write too. I forgot that there is also a blood drive at the temple before meditation this week. If we get there early enough I will donate blood. And, when we go for lunch after meditation, I am having the fish tacos this week and not that asparagus salad I had last week at The Courthouse. Maybe I will sneak in some guacamole. Is it okay to sneak things into The Courthouse?

I must admit that even just sitting here my leg feels better with the boot (and the pumped air within the boot) on. Is it like a security blanker or something? I think it helps that is makes my ankle totally immobile. Adding that photo of the tacos there makes me hungry. We are out of bananas and grapes so I may have to go with raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Boy, am I just rambling on. I have no problem with that. Jill went to get her hair done so maybe I will wait and see if she calls and asks, "do you want me to get something for lunch?" I think that will be Plan A and I will use the berries as Plan B, Sure, I wasn't really hungry and, just as I write about food, I am starving.

One thing that I have discovered about not working is that I sleep so much more soundly. I am not worried about the alarm going off and continuing to wake-up all night long looking at the clock.

Who will mow the lawn? Jill cannot get it started on her own and it is rare that I mow the yard without it turning off several times for various reasons; usually something in the way. I try to pick up every obstacle that I can before the mowing but it is inevitable that something will be in the way. Maybe I can get Fabio to do it?

This is where I had ended when I originally started writing it so I will end here and I will write another blog post again today (87.3%). TTTToday...MITM (out). Via con dios my darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment