Friday, July 13, 2018

Achilles Really Can Kill You

Same heel as Achilles - Coincidence? Me thinks not
Yesterday I went to the podiatrist - Turns out I have a partially torn Achilles tendon on my right ankle. I also have a left foot big toe issue since like 1980 from the partial amputation (that's why you never see me in sandals).. The doctor used a cheese grader-looking thing on the callouses. They then gave me two heel inserts and some heavy duty toe cushions ($7 worth). I have to go back in four weeks. I have a note for work for limited job duties but most of my typical duties aren't that strenuous though I was in pain much of the time due to my crappy shanks ponies. My dad used to call our feet/legs shanks ponies when I was very young. I never really knew where exactly that phrase came from but the urban dictionary says it's "walking anywhere when you have no cash to ride the bus and you don't have a vehicle." Now it's just called "getting your steps in." If this doesn't work I may have to have a minor surgery and be forced to wear a Darth Vader boot or something.

Why do we continue to call glove compartments, in our vehicles, glove compartments?  Does anybody still put gloves in there? Did anybody ever put gloves in there? I rarely even wear gloves except at work. I guess I use them when I mow the lawn and when I play baseball.
It was nice to see this when I was looking for their site

Still working on my novel that will be ready for publication just before I die. It is weird because I got a call yesterday from AuthorHouse Publishing asking if I am still working on my book. It was just a message on my voicemail because I was with the doctor at the time. I am sure they just want to take a great deal of the royalties for my ideas and work. I will cross the bridge of self-publishing or getting a literary agent when I get to that bridge.

I think I pretty much have my musical playlist done for my funeral or cremation or whatever happens after I die.

Yesterday I watered all of the flowers in the yard. Cha Cha is related to Mother Nature (yes, the real Mother Nature) so our yard is pretty spectacular with the trees and bushes and flowers and foliage and flora and fauna... It took quite a while because we live in a veritable forest.

I just got back from taking my paperwork into work and it appears that they cannot accommodate the restrictions that Dr. Neil Levin D.P.M. (podiatrist) prescribed so I will probably be on short-term disability (FMLA - Family Medical Leave Act) for about a month (four weeks). I am waiting for a call back from the human resource department to see what comes next. I will get paid a percentage of my wage and can use my vacation time to off-set the remainder. What a great way to spend my Friday the 13th. 13 has always been my favorite number and I have always thought of Friday as one of the best days of the week so - BONUS! While I was driving to see the H.R. people there was a news story that said that Great Britain has done a study that there are more traffic accidents on Friday the 13th than any other day of the year. That's Great Britain where they don't even know which side of the road to drive on. They sure know when we have a terrible Commander in Chief though.
Achilles / Trojan  fake ad tie-in here

I may spend a lot of my month working on the novel. I have lots and lots of notes so I should do okay. Isn't an out-of-work writer such a cliche'? Maybe I am thinking of an out-of-work actor. I have a direction to go and I have the protagonist's name and personality... all ready. I have plenty of antagonistic characters invented (amalgamated) . I really want to be in a field related to what I studied and loved in school. Yes, maybe I am jealous that one of the guys (Bob Odenkirk) that I worked with at our college radio station (WIDB) went on to become a big star and I am still waiting for that big break. I don't want to be a star but I would like to work in the area that I love and make a living doing so. It's just about time to do something or get off of that pot.

I just learned that The Goo Goo Dolls are going to be playing at a farm/polo club (Aramore Farm + Polo Club) near where I went to High School in Oswego. I love The Goo Goo Dolls but the tickets start at $70 and go up to $200. I feel it would be fiscally irresponsible to pay that kind of money when I can just listen to my add-free subscription to Pandora Goo Goo Dolls' station. Live music is rarely good as music mixed in a studio. I have seen enough concerts being a child of the 70's/80's.

I am done. I hope you have a great rest of your whatever you want to have great. Thanks for stopping by again. I will try to write every day until I get back to work between this and my best-selling novel.  Have a great rest of your day/night/life... TTTT...MITM (out) - adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment