Saturday, July 21, 2018

Da Coach!

This is why I don't do P.R. for restaurants
It is 16:42 on a Saturday night and I am just now getting around to blogging. Jill and I went up to Woodstock (Illinois) this morning to the Blue Lotus Buddhist Temple. We had been going every week for many months but haven't been for some time now; I think we may go most Saturdays when possible. Just today has helped to center myself again. After that we went to The Public House for lunch (it used to be the courthouse way back in the day). I kind of wonder if there are ghosts in there like in The Sixth Sense?

We both had asparagus salads for lunch. The salads were pretty good but I wish I would have gone with the fish tacos. However, now that it is hours later I am happy that I had the salad. Isn't weird how time can change our outlooks on things? I am glad that the future me told the past me to have the salad. The town always reminds me of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania even though I don't believe I have ever been there. If you didn't know, Woodstock is where they filmed Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I always wonder why they didn't just film it in Punxsutawney. I thought the entire time that they may have thought I was a monk from somewhere else because of my newly bald head. I may have to start writing a script for Undercover Monk (copyright). My hair is growing back pretty quickly but is still have razor stubble even though I didn't use a razor. Maybe I should call it buzzer stubble? I just used the buzzer (makes sense for a buzz).
The Blue Lotus Monastics (monks)

Tomorrow is Sunday and I will begin my second week of leave from work. I have not been walking much and the heel still hurts. I don't drive much because of the heel either - it is my driving foot, of course. It is odd that not one single person from work has sent me a message or anything wondering where I am. I was only gone for one week so far so maybe they think I am just on vacation or something. Maybe they just don't care about me or maybe they are just as nosy as I am?

Man, it is 17:31 now and I am hungry. I made another HUGE salad that I will break-out into about ten or twelve salads over the next day or two or three. I bet I can get about nine or ten salads out of it.
Maybe Iron Mike will send me a case for the plug

On the way back from way up north I stopped at Wal-Mart and got some for giardiniera. The best giardiniera that I have found is Ditka's and the only place that I found it is at Wal-Mart. Mike Ditka knows football and he knows "hall of fame recipe" giardiniera. His giardiniera is a "hall of fame recipe." He couldn't put that on the label if it weren't true. Right?

What time does the next Cardinals-Cubs game start? They have a day/night double header today. The Cubs won the early game and I heard that the Cardinals lead the season's series of the head-to-head matches by one game. I hope that it will be by two games at the end of the night. I wish the Cards could have saved some of the 18 runs they scored yesterday for the two games today/tonight.

Alright, I have talked myself into having a salad now so I shall end. I will blog again tomorrow. I always say that but it doesn't always happen. Thank you for coming by and for continuing to give me a reason to write. Have a great night - that is a suggestion not a demand. TTTT...MITM (bald) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment